Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Downtown-Charlestown) Boston Park Plaza

barleypop
By barleypop,
in

The last/first time I visited Boston, I used Hotwire and stayed at the Boston Park Plaza. I really liked the location (the common and the T were right out the front door of the hotel) and the hotel was nice. I have since found Betterbidding.com and would like to try and use Priceline to book my stay this year. Ultimately I would like to get a 4* in a good walking/public transportation area. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm guessing the Back Bay-Copley zone, is that correct? Are there any other acceptable zones (i've been to Boston but am not that familiar with the city... i do know the T is fairly extensive and extends to a few of the suburbs... but also shuts down late at nite).

Do you have a maximum bid in mind?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have seen winning bids in this zone recently as low as $80 but we have also seen times where it takes over $100. We used to see wins as low as $61 but i haven't see those in quite some time.

When bidding 4* you have three RE-BID ZONES available to you.

Based upon your $90 maximum bid i would...

4* Back Bay - Copley...

Bid $75 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85 if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90.

If that's rejected you can either make a decision to lower your preference to a 3*, add a different zone, or wait 72 hours and try again.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have regarding the above or if you need help figuring out or want to confirm your re-bid zones.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You may want to try the Financial District. We stayed at the Hyatt (see review) and were very pleased. About a 5 min. walk to the Common, and a T station is 1 block away. There is a Filene's and Macy's around the corner along with the downtown shopping. Comes up on PL for $40-50 if timed right.

This is what I ended up with: Boston Park Plaza for $85 per night

Bid 70

4* Downtown Boston - Charlestown

Bid $70 rejected added re-bid zone and...

Bid $75 rejected added re-bid zone and...

Bid $80 rejected added re-bid zone and...

Bid $85.rejected added 3* criteria

Won.

It looks like I got a decent deal. The Boston Park Plaza goes for $165 on Expedia. I stayed there last time and enjoyed the location and hotel.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Congratulations on your win and i'm glad it worked out well for you.

Typically it's not recommended to lower your star rating and keep your bid the same. This thread gives a bit more detail: If You Lower Your Star Level... Lower Your Bid Amount.

Am i correct that this is in the (Downtown - Charlestown) zone?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]