"Resort" level vs star levels on rebids

Go_Bucks
By Go_Bucks,
in

How does PL treat the Resort level in relation to other star levels when rebidding?

I have no problem staying at a resort, but I'm curious for identifying appropriate rebid zones.

I recall seeing an older thread on this subject previously, but I can't find it now.

Two questions:

1) If I target Resort level and rebid additional zones without Resort, will other star levels be applied to a rebid zone (i.e. a 3*)?

2) If I target a 4* and rebid additional zones without 4* but with Resort, will the resort level be applied to a rebid zone?

Basically what I'm trying to avoid is getting "stuck" with a 3* (or lower) Resort - if there is such a thing.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to revive an old post. I am curious about the resort rating. I reviewed the terms of service and it does say priceline can give you a resort rather than a hotel. I actually think this is totally fine, I don't mind a resort vs. a hotel. However, my question is can priceline put you in a resort in an area that doesn't show a 4 star or higher according to its map? Also, I know the priceline sight has changed over time. However, how do you know an area has a resort other than by looking on this website? I've seen reference to a palm tree, but I didn't see this in my most recent bid. I am interested in Vegas specifically. I will look in that forum as well.

Currently, Summerlin is the only zone in Las Vegas that has the resort level available for bidding. You have to check and uncheck each of the zones one at a time to see exactly which one(s) have resort level.

Priceline can "upgrade", so if resort level availability showed, even a 3.5* or lower could in theory be upgraded to resort. Probably not, as there is a lot of price difference, but not a good idea to take any chances.

The resort level is at the bottom of the numerical star listing. Easy to overlook.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]