Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Sea World-Mission Bay-Shelter Island) Catamaran Resor

HilltopBoy
By HilltopBoy,
in

The hotel for this successful purchase is the Catamaran Resort, which is not currently in the Hotwire Hotel List. It's not quite as plush as the Kona Kai, which is what I thought I might be getting. The amenities listed at Hotwire are: resort, beachfront, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, hi-speed internet, spa.

I tried many times to get a 3.5* hotel on PRICELINE at prices from 80-105 (Downtown, Coastal, Mission Valley) with no success. I decided that $109 on HOTWIRE was acceptable in the face of this situation.

Also, the little form at the top of the BetterBidding page for booking through HOTWIRE didn't work for me. I think the problem was that the form doesn't allow you to enter the year, which for this booking is next year.

You don't need to enter the year on Hotwire, do you?

If I go to HOTWIRE.com, it asks for mm/dd/yy in the date areas. I'm only guessing about why my attempt to use the little box at the top of the page didn't work. When I entered my dates and hit "GO", I was taken to a Hotwire page that said:

--------------

We couldn't process your request.

We're sorry, but we were temporarily unable to complete your search. However, we should be able to find you results if you retry your search. Error #1332

--------------

You don't need to enter a year on HOTWIRE's hotel product. You can only search for up to 330 days, so their system automatically knows what year you're looking for.

The error you received is just a 'general' error which somtimes HOTWIRE gives when their site is having one issue or another. If you re-try now, do you still get an error? I just tried for your dates and my search went thru without any problem.

If the search box doesn't work for you, the logo in the search box is a link too, so you can just click that to be taken directly to HOTWIRE... or the links in our signature work just as well too.

Any problems please let us know.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]