Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Westin LAX

s500745
By s500745,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Santa Monica zone only goes up to 3*... were you actually looking for a 3* hotel in either zone or did you first want a 4* in the (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) zone but then settle for a 3* in either zone?

You should also make sure you understand the concept of RE-BIDDING as this will help you to get the best price.

Let us know about the zones/star ratings and ask any questions that you have about re-bidding and we'll provide a recommended strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry... one last question... do you not want a 3* hotel in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills? (is there a specific property you're trying to avoid)

Also, the re-bidding link above had the wrong thread attached to it bu is now fixed... don't know if you saw it before or after i adjusted it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just took a look at the re-bidding guidelines and those are the ones that I am familiar with before when I used PL a while back.

I stayed at the Wyndham Belage a couple years back for sub-$100 and really liked it. I tried another time after that and got some hotel in Beverly Hills (near the mall) that I wasn't super excited about. I would love to get the Wyndham Belage again, if possible.

I stayed in another 3 star hotel (I think it was a Hilton/Hyatt? The one with the Chi restaurant) and that was decent but not great...

Thanks again for your help.

Ok, this is where we'll start...

You have 6 re-bids when bidding 4* in this zone.

Select 4* West Hollywood-Beverly Hills and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $82, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90.

If you want to confirm your re-bid zones before bidding or ask any questions regarding the above feel free to do so.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Re-read THIS THREAD.

RE-Bidding involves adding a zone that only offers star levels lower than the zone you are bidding. There is a graphic near the end of the post i've linked to that may put it in perspective for you. Since you're bidding 4*, there are six zones that only offer 3* or lower... these are your re-bid zones (not all the other zones in the list... ONLY the ones that have offer 3* and below properties). The previously mentioned link also explains how to figure out what star level is offered within each zone.

If you have trouble let us know and we'll walk you thru it in more detail. Re-bidding seems to be new to you so i would strongly recommend you confirm you re-bid zones with the board just to try to avoid any mistakes. We try to teach users how to determine their re-bid zones on their own (rather than just tell them what to bid) because it is important to go thru the process and verify your re-bid zones before each bid.

Start with what TravelGuy mentioned above (if that's acceptable to you) and if that's rejected close the browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Only select 3* and the Santa Monica zone...

Bid $55, if that's rejected add West Hollywood and...

Bid $65.

If his suggestion is not acceptable don't bid yet and post back what it is you want to do.

I started off w/ Travelguy's suggestion this time and bid $56 for West Hollywood, which was declined. Then, I bid $55 for 3* in Santa Monica, and that was declined, as was the $65, and adding the West Hollywood zone.

It looks like this may be a peak travel time...should I raise my bid to $75 or so for 3*?

So at the 4* level you once again have 6 re-bid zones. However, adding West Hollywood-Beverly Hills (which in all likelihood will be rejected based upon yesterday's bids) will give you a 7th re-bid zone. You won't be able to start with this zone (as it would be viewed as a duplicate bid) but you can add it after your first LAX bid.

I would recommend bidding as follows:

4* LAX...

Bid $45, if rejected add west hollywood and...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75.

As always ask any questions you may have.

Good Luck.

Well, I tried and finally got the price. Westin LAX at the following price:

Your Offer Price: $72.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $144.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$27.70

Total Charges: $171.70

I started off with $45 then added zones that only have 3* hotels (using rebid prices below) until getting it at $72...the hotel looks nice.

Thanks!

4* LAX...

Bid $45, if rejected add west hollywood and...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $72, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]