Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Resort

junky
By junky,
in

Used rebid zone method and tried for SD downtown 4* (long shot for Grand Manchester Hyatt) all the way from 45 to 75 no dice, split the days to the ones shown above and got this chunk for $75 a nite + $29 in total fees/taxes.

Total out of pocket $178.24 for 2 nights.

Hotel website lists 145/nite + fees/taxes.

Definitely used PRICELINE link in these parts to do the bidding.

Thank you, thereuare, for this message board. I am saving 40% on lodging costs. This will be my 2nd trip to southern cal this quarter!!!!! Have to bid on at least 2 more travel days, will report back as soon as.

Hey Junky & Thereuare,

I also rebid after 24 hours and got Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines for $78/night for 2 nights: 12/26-28. I am trying to get 3 more rooms for the same nights, same hotel, as our family is traveling together. I've had no luck the past few days putting in the same characteristics (San Diego Coastal area, 4*) on PRICELINE. Any suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I also rebid after 24 hours and got Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines for $78/night for 2 nights: 12/26-28.
Please post your win as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win for these dates when scanning the topic titles of the board and when using the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.
I am trying to get 3 more rooms for the same nights, same hotel, as our family is traveling together. I've had no luck the past few days putting in the same characteristics (San Diego Coastal area, 4*) on PRICELINE. Any suggestions?
Please also start a NEW TOPIC if you would like help with the balance of your stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help. Still trying to navigate the website and am trying to figure out how to post my win on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

It's automatic once you post your results to the board (assuming you use the correct format... otherwise it'll appear once we edit the topic title to the correct format)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's automatic once you post your results to the board (assuming you use the correct format... otherwise it'll appear once we edit the topic title to the correct format)

I found out there is a mandatory overnite parking fee of $20 per night, and possibly a guest fee of $20 per child under a certain age. Can anyone confirm this? I have come to understand that 4*-5* hotel/resorts ding you to death on little fees on everything, ie internet access, gym, pool, parking.

Am going to investigate street parking to get around the parking fee.....

I found out there is a mandatory overnite parking fee of $20 per night...
This is a parking fee which only applies to those who have a car (to save the inevitable question from a future user who will ask if they will be charged if they don't bring a car)
...and possibly a guest fee of $20 per child under a certain age. Can anyone confirm this?
Your PRICELINE winning bid only guarantees double occupancy, after that, accomodating your needs for more than double occupancy is at the discretion of the hotel.

• 4 weeks later...
This is a parking fee which only applies to those who have a car (to save the inevitable question from a future user who will ask if they will be charged if they don't bring a car)

Your PRICELINE winning bid only guarantees double occupancy, after that, accomodating your needs for more than double occupancy is at the discretion of the hotel.

Very nice accomodations, beautiful resort.

$20/day parking fee if you have a car.

Was not charged any kid fee.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]