Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Edmonton Coast Edmonton House Hotel

misconduct
By misconduct,
in

First bid of $61 accepted. It was booked the day before the stay so I didn't bother with trying to low ball the stay and risk having my bid rejected. I was trying for the Courtyard by Marriot but it came up as the Coast Edmonton House Hotel, which is not on the existing Priceline Hotel List. I would have preferred the Courtyard since I didn't have a particularly remarkable experience 6 years ago at the now Coast Edmonton House when it was still locally owned.

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $61.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $14.22 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $75.22 (USD)

The Coast website is showing a lowest rate of $114 CDN before taxes and add ons. With the exchange rate, I saved about $30 CDN.

Congratulations on your win!

Hopefully you're able to make this work for your needs and enjoying your stay, having a better experience than you did previously.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The review from the friend that stayed here is that it's a decent 2.5 star hotel. Because all of the basic rooms were full due to a youth sports tournament and a group of military personnel staying in the hotel, it seems the room was upgraded beyond the basic suite. The suites are fair sized with a seating area, kitchenette and a separate bedroom with a small washroom. There seemed to be a decent sized gym in the Mezzanine area and also a decent room service menu.

The only complaint was the wait for the elevators and the noise proofing could be better. You could hear someone coughing in the adjacent room. Try to get a room on a higher floor and facing the river valley.

• 4 weeks later...

One other note... The hotel erroneously charged me for the hotel room, even though it was paid through PRICELINE. I was charged just under $71 CDN total. Without 5% tax and 6% hospitality tax, I'm guessing that the room is worth $65 CDN on a weekend. With that in mind, I'd suggest that if you are trying to get this property, try starting your bids low around $40 to $45 USD a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]