Hotwire Hotel: 2* Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge (Gatlinburg) Days Inn and Suites

darkly
By darkly,
in

Purchased a room for one night through Hotwire. Two star.

Was originally showing the following amenities: Pool and proximity to Golf. (I've just checked and noticed it's now showing no amenities at all). When I first received confirmation from HOTWIRE, I checked the Tripadvisor reports to my dismay--- 29 reviews, almost every single one extremely negative.

I showed up at this property to find it a complete shambles. The property literally looks like a bomb went off (then again a bomb could only improve this hotel). Construction materials strewn everywhere, burned out lights, garbage strewn around. The interior of the room had peeling wallpaper backed by seeping black mold, cigarette burns on the bedcovers, a well-used lumpy mattress barely covered by an ill-fitted sheet, a blackened bathtub, and a carpet that hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in 20 years. I returned my keys and did not stay the night, opting to travel back to Pigeon Forge to find alternate accomodation. This Days Inn is a disgrace to the chain, as well as to Hotwire. It should be condemned and demolished. Be very careful to avoid bidding on this property.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

While it's a shame you experienced a hotel in such poor condition, it adds credence to the philosophy of sticking with higher rated hotels when making opaque purchases.

I'd suggest contacting HOTWIRE, if you haven't already, and letting them know about your experience (although perhaps you should have tried calling them while at the hotel as it better defends your position)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays are better.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the note. HOTWIRE was initially unable to do anything until I saw the property in person. To their credit, however, they were very helpful after I visited the property and called them immediately. I would imagine representing this sort of property as a two-star harms their credibility. But yes, you're right, I should be more careful about bidding on two-stars in relatively unknown locations. As a general rule, however, the Pigeon Forge location had an overall better selection of nicer newer hotels. (I would say Gatlinburg is to Pigeon Forge what the Old Vegas strip is to the new one). And it's only 10 miles away.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]