Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea-MSG) Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden

arroworra
By arroworra,
in

hello. This is my first posting.

I'd like you to help ID ing these hotels.

Terms: 12/15/2008-12/16/2008 (Yes. Just 1 night.)

Room: 1 , 3 Adults

I searched on HOTWIRE, their results is the following.

1) 3-star hotel in Midtown Central $162/night

Amenities: Fitness center, Pool, Restaurant, Internet Access

(I think this one is Holiday Inn Midtown?)

2) 2.5-star hotel in Chelsea - Madison Square Garden Area $169/night

Amenities: Complementary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Internet Access

(I have no idea....)

3) 3-star hotel in Chelsea - Madison Square Garden Area $179/night

Amenities: Complementary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet Access

(This one is Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden )

If you suggest anything, let me know!

Thank you :)

Welcome to the board!

I'd agree with you that the 3* in Midtown looks to be the HI Midtown, and the 3* Chelsea looks to be the HI Express MSG.

The 2.5* hasn't been reported to the board and HOTWIRE does not list a tripadvisor traveler review rating, but based on the amenity listing I would think the Hampton Inn may be a good bet. There are several other hotels in the area that could fit the 2.5* rating, but few of them have a fitness room.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you search Quickbook (please use this link) i think you have some more options than the above:

Eastgate Tower for $169/nite... very good location and while not luxurious, it gets very good reviews

Just a little higher in price is the Desmond Tutu Center for $199/nite, which while a little off the beaten path (10-15 minute walk to the subway) it is in the meat packing district which has become a 'hot spot' with plenty of restaurant, bars, and shops, and the reviews have been excellent (and includes breakfast)

They have a few others (such as The Hotel at Times Square which also gets good reviews but used to be a Super 8 so i'm not certain of the quality level) but i think the above are the better two of the offerings at this price point.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Quickbook link if you go that route)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to the board!

I'd agree with you that the 3* in Midtown looks to be the HI Midtown, and the 3* Chelsea looks to be the HI Express MSG.

The 2.5* hasn't been reported to the board and HOTWIRE does not list a tripadvisor traveler review rating, but based on the amenity listing I would think the Hampton Inn may be a good bet. There are several other hotels in the area that could fit the 2.5* rating, but few of them have a fitness room.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Thank you, slick_gd! Unfortunately, I didn't reserve this 2.5* this time.

After I read replies, I checked back at HOTWIRE,

3-star hotel in Chelsea - Madison Square Garden Area $179/night dropped to $119 :) .

So I reserved this.

The result was as expected, Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden.

Thank you for your help! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you search Quickbook (please use this link) i think you have some more options than the above:

Eastgate Tower for $169/nite... very good location and while not luxurious, it gets very good reviews

Just a little higher in price is the Desmond Tutu Center for $199/nite, which while a little off the beaten path (10-15 minute walk to the subway) it is in the meat packing district which has become a 'hot spot' with plenty of restaurant, bars, and shops, and the reviews have been excellent (and includes breakfast)

They have a few others (such as The Hotel at Times Square which also gets good reviews but used to be a Super 8 so i'm not certain of the quality level) but i think the above are the better two of the offerings at this price point.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Quickbook link if you go that route)

Hello, thereuare!

Your suggestion was very adorable :) !

Both hotels seem so good. But we needed a room for 3 guests. so I couldn't reserve these hotels.

So I reserved 3-star hotel in Chelsea - Madison Square Garden Area as my reply to "slick_gd".

I always go to SOHO area when I visit NY city, so We will go to your recommended area.

It has been 7years? since I went there. I went to NY at early year of 911.

Thank you so much :) !

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you found something which works well for your plans and you're happy with the results... looks like a great deal for NYC.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]