Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francsico (Civic Center South) Hotel Whitcomb

zigzagger
By zigzagger,
in

Hey guys- i am having a bit of a problem on Hotwire. I had booked 9 nights at the Whitcomb Hotel in San Francisco for $55/night (a very good deal- Nov 17-26) but won't be able to Arrive until the 19th.

I was in the Whitcomb Hotel also last October and i asked the clerk if i booked again on Hotwire and checked in late, and she told me it would be fine, just to call the hotel ahead of time or on the day of scheduled arrival so they can check me in, i would get in late and would obviously lose the value for my couple days i missed, but would be able to use the rest of the reservation- she told me this would be fine, no problem. So i went ahead and booked shortly after my last stay.

However i called hotel today to let them know of this and the guy at the desk got kind of mad at me and is like "you have to call hotwire" and i did, and hotwire told me that i have to call the hotel and that a reservation normally can't be changed or cancelled. So they just keep sending me back and forth.

Please advise what the best thing i should do is- Again, i would not have booked 9 nights to take the deal if she told me that i could not check in a couple days late. But this is what i was told and was told it would not be a probem

Hey guys- i am having a bit of a problem on Hotwire. I had booked 9 nights at the Whitcomb Hotel in San Francisco for $55/night (a very good deal- Nov 17-26) but won't be able to Arrive until the 19th.

I was in the Whitcomb Hotel also last October and i asked the clerk if i booked again on Hotwire and checked in late, and she told me it would be fine, just to call the hotel ahead of time or on the day of scheduled arrival so they can check me in, i would get in late and would obviously lose the value for my couple days i missed, but would be able to use the rest of the reservation- she told me this would be fine, no problem. So i went ahead and booked shortly after my last stay.

However i called hotel today to let them know of this and the guy at the desk got kind of mad at me and is like "you have to call hotwire" and i did, and hotwire told me that i have to call the hotel and that a reservation normally can't be changed or cancelled. So they just keep sending me back and forth.

Please advise what the best thing i should do is- Again, i would not have booked 9 nights to take the deal if she told me that i could not check in a couple days late. But this is what i was told and was told it would not be a probem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated, i do not know what i should do :)

Hotel rate per night: $55.00

Nights: 7

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $385.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $56.81

Total price: $441.81

Hotel

Hotel rate per night: $59.00

Nights: 2

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $118.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $21.34

Total price: $139.34

Please post your wins as you receive them (not just when you have a problem) and please use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

This should be take care of between you and the hotel. I'd simply call the hotel and let them know that you have an upcoming 9 nite HOTWIRE reservation from the 17th-26th, and as you won't be able to check-in unitl the 19th, that you understand you'll need to forfeit the first two nites of your stay, but you want to know how to best handle it to make sure that the hotel doesn't assume that you are a no-show and give away the room for the balance of the stay. (don't get into the discussion regarding the last time you were there)

Assuming you get a different front desk clerk i assume he'll just make a note on your reservation, but if you get the 'call HOTWIRE' response or 'we can't do that' then ask to speak to a manager, and at this point bring up the point that you are a returning customer to this property and the other info about your discussion with the desk clerk. I'm fairly confident the hotel will have no problem with your scenario, but i would still call them the first day of your reservation check-in and make sure it's noted that you WILL be arriving on the 19th (and you can even see if they'll check you in over the phone to ensure that the room is marked as 'occupied' for the length of your stay... i'd also then call again the following day to remind them that you're not checking in until the 19th)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would contact the hotel again, and hopefully this time you'll reach someone more helpful. If you're unable to accomplish this today (the 16th), I'd call back tomorrow, your official check-in date, let them know you won't arrive until the 19th and see if they'll take your credit card number (for incidentals) over the phone and officially check you in. IMO this is not a Hotwire issue, but something that needs to be worked out directly with the hotel. Hopefully you'll get someone a little more helpful than when you first called. Good luck and keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]