Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Doubletree

Ines
By Ines,
in

Hi,

I'm looking for a room in Chicago, we're to young girls in mid 20`s and it's our first trip to chicago for shopping, clubbing getting to know the citiy. We thought Magnificent mile or Michigan ave

We get a 3.5* Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville 82$

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

3.5 out of 5

Based on 140+ customer reviews (Last reviewed September 2008)

4-star hotel in Chicago Loop 86$... is it good to stay in this area?

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

3.5 out of 5

Based on 520+ customer reviews (Last reviewed October 2008)

3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville 89$

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Thank you for your help...

Welcome to the site :)

In terms of the Loop, I dislike staying out at night, but I've found myself in the Loop later in the evening on a few occasions. In the Loop in the Winter, once it gets past 8-9'oclock, you start to feel like you've got the city to yourself in some parts of the area. Much of the Loop is a business district and at the end of the day, it shuts down. That includes most restaurants. The 4* Loop is likely the Palmer House, but I wouldn't recommend it for what you're looking for.

The 3* Mag Mile is likely the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, which is also somewhat out of the way in the West Loop.

The 3.5* would likely be the Doubletree.

HOWEVER:

I would really like to suggest switching hotels, given the fact that the first two days of your trip are more expensive than the last two. This will allow you two days at a nice hotel (and you'll get a Doubletree Cookie if you stay at the Doubletree), but the second two days will be an "upgrade". You'll have to switch hotels, but the situation discussed below would be switching from one hotel to another that's VERY close by.

For the first two days, 11/21-23, search on HOTWIRE for 2 adults and the 3.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville with fitness/business/restaurant/pool that is likely the Doubletree will appear for $83. Book this part separately.

For the second two days, 11/23-25, search on HOTWIRE for 2 adults and you'll see a 4.5* Mag Mile/Streeterville that has the amenities: fitness, business, restaurant, internet. $89. This is likely the Conrad or Hotel Intercontinental Chicago. Both of those hotels are a VERY short walk from the Doubletree.

If you have any questions, please ask. If you do plan to book one of these ideas, please start your purchase by clicking on the site's link to HOTWIRE (click the HOTWIRE), as doing so supports the site.

Thanks for the post and sharing your results with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with the results of your purchase as you win them, it's one of the lifelines of the board and the information you share could help another users.

If you didn't, please also remember to start your travel purchases with the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]