Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Bahamas (Nassau-Paradise) Island British Colonial Hilton Nassau

sass
By sass,
in

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which hotel this is on Hotwire. Here is the listed info:

3.5-star hotel in Nassau and Paradise Island

$123 per room, per night

Amenities: Resort, near beach, fitness center, pool(s), restaurants, business center, laundry, high speed internet

Looking at the list here, I first thought (and am still leaning towards the Sheraton Cable beach) but that's directly on the beach, so it's throwing me off a bit. Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and cilck the CONTINUE button next to this offering, then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons (on the subsequent page)... do you see more amenities than the eight you've posted above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has not yet been identified, but the Tripadvisor info seems to match the British Colonial Hilton Nassau so that would be our best guess.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What did you look at on tripadvisor to signal that this this was the Hilton? And that the property is on Nassau and not Paradise island?

Do you think I have a better chance of getting a better property if I went with PRICELINE? If so, can you provide me with specific tips? I noticed they are only 3.5 * and above and I'm shooting for a minimum of 4*.

Thanks for your help.

And that the property is on Nassau and not Paradise island?
If you look at the HOTWIRE zone, and the boundaries for this zone, it includes both of these areas... your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone so you can't choose which part of the zone (or island) you end up with.
Do you think I have a better chance of getting a better property if I went with PRICELINE?
Not sure i would say the property would be better, but PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE. However, since it appears you want to be in a specific area, with PRICELINE the actual hotel you receive will essentially be a roll of the dice (you won't even be able to take an educated guess as it like you could with HOTWIRE) in terms of location... there is no way to target, or avoid, a particular property or section of the zone.
I noticed they are only 3.5 * and above and I'm shooting for a minimum of 4*.
I think you're saying that they only offer up to 3.5* and you want a 4* minimum... but if you check PRICELINE again you'll see that Resort class hotels are offered in this area (and Resorts are rated higher than 4 stars)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks once again. I'm learning alot from this forum.

I guess one thing I was asking that was misunderstood was, how did you guess that the property I found on Hotwire (3.5*) was the Colonial Hilton in Nassau when the zoning as you mentioned included both Nassau and Paradise Island?

So I could potentially get a 4* hotel from Priceline, if I choose the "resort" category...

Also, I heard that it's possible to get only one night from Priceline and then extend that to say 4 nights (if you happen to like the property after it's revealed). Is this true?

I guess one thing I was asking that was misunderstood was, how did you guess that the property I found on Hotwire (3.5*) was the Colonial Hilton in Nassau when the zoning as you mentioned included both Nassau and Paradise Island?
The Tripadvisor information HOTWIRE showed for that property matches that of the Britich Colonial Hilton so that was my best guess... there could be another hotel that i missed which also matches OR since HOTWIRE only takes a 'snaphot' fo the TA information periodically that the user review rating has changed and therefore the actual hotel 'flew under the radar' while i searched.
So I could potentially get a 4* hotel from Priceline, if I choose the "resort" category...
No, as PRICELINE does not offer 4* bidding in this area... you would have to bid the Resort category (for which you could win a Resort class property)... which in the rating heirarchy, is a higher rating than 4 stars.
Also, I heard that it's possible to get only one night from Priceline and then extend that to say 4 nights (if you happen to like the property after it's revealed). Is this true?
No, that is mostly not true... sometimes PRICELINE offers you the option to extend your stay at the same rate. However, this option is not always offered so it's risky if you're not willing to change hotels during your stay, and more importantly for the example you provide, is that you can only extend your stay for the same number of, or fewer, nites that you booked. Thereofore, if you only book the first nite and the extend your nite option is offered, you would only be able to extend your stay by one additional nite.

I decided to book it in pieces to make sure it was the Hilton. I put in Nov 21 - 23 and booked it and it was indeed the British Colonial Hilton. Thank you. Pls add to the list.

Problem is now when I put in 11/23 - 11/25, a 3.5* resort shows up but there is no trip advisor review and the beach amenity icon is gone, and the resort fee is not $10 but $15, so I'm not sure if it's the Hilton anymore, maybe I messed myself up by cutting it up in chunks. Can you pls tell me what your best guess for this is?

Oh and the price is $129/night.

Congratulations on your (partial) success and thank you for sharing your results with the board. Glad to hear you received the hotel we guessed above and are happy with the results.

Two questions:

1) before your first purchase, did you search for each leg of your stay separately (11/21-11/23 and 11/23-11/25) to see if the same hotel appeared for each leg of your stay

2) what was the price of your purchase for 11/21-11/23

Please let us know the above, and then please start a NEW TOPIC for the second leg of your stay, and in your post include the full list of amenities (keeping in mind, as per above, you may have to click the CONTINUE button next to the HOTWIRE offering and then the "see all amenities" link)

Answers to your questions:

1) Yes, I searched for both legs of the trip and think that the same hotel was available but now I'm doubting if it was the same. So I honestly don't know.

2) The price of purchase was $117/night.

I actually managed to get a third night there by searching again. So now I need a 4th night and I'd rather not move for just a night.

I'll post a new topic to see if you can help me identify the hotel that's coming up.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]