Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Toronto (Downtown West) InterContinental Yorkville (Bloor St)

HarryJay97
By HarryJay97,
in

Hello Betterbidding :)

I must say, that I just so happened to stumble across your site and was absolutely blown away that something of this actually existed.

I have been using mostly priceline.com and using the available zones in the past to accomodate my stays in different cities, but this trip is a little different and I think from this point on, I am going to be using this service for all my booking needs.

First and foremost, thank you for the service you will be providing me.

I am trying to book a one night stay in either a 4.5* or 4* hotel in Downtown Toronto West from the HOTWIRE.com website. I am trying to guess what hotels these are.

From past submissions, it seems as though the 4.5* could be the Intercontinental Toronto Centre, but I wanted to make sure. The price for the 4.5* is 99 dollars a night.

I am looking to book a stay from December 20th to December 21st. I am taking my GF to Sound of Music (Princess of Wales Theatre) and I had my hopes of staying at a really nice place for her birthday.

On priceline.com, for name your own price for a 4 star deluxe, the median retail price is $134.

The hotels I have in mind that I would like to stay at is The Westin Harbour Castle, Intercontinental Toronto Centre, Le Royal Meridien King Edward.

If I was to use PRICELINE.com, I would hope to get something in the lower part of the city, than in Yorkville, as I would like to be closer to the Theatre.

Not sure what other information that you may need, but I am trying to see what my best course of action is in terms of booking a hotel whether it would be through PRICELINE.com naming a price, or through hotwire.com trying to figure out what possibilites the 4.5* hotel and the 4* hotel may be.

Thank you again for your help, very much appreciated!!! :)

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us too! :)

I am trying to book a one night stay in either a 4.5* or 4* hotel in Downtown Toronto West from the HOTWIRE.com website.
What are the amenities shown by HOTWIRE for the properties offered?

With PRICELINE you won't be able to target any particular property (or any sub-area of the zone)... you need to be willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone that you select, at the minimum star rating you choose. The trade-off is that PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE

Since it sounds as if quality and having an educated guess as to the property offered beforehand is important for this stay, i'd suggest first try to determine what is offered via HOTWIRE, then determine if that is acceptable and/or a good deal... then make the decision of you want to take that or roll the dice a little with PRICELINE in terms of location and hotel received.

Let us know the amenities shown above for the hotel you're considering and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- keep all posts for the same stay in this thread... it makes it easier to track all the advice and information that has been given and what has been tried and/or suggested. If you ultimatley use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

PPS- thanks for the compliments on the site

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare

Not only is this site great, but I can not believe the response time!! Will pass this along to everyone I know, as most of my colleagues, friends use hotwire/priceline.

To answer your question, these are the amenities for both the 4.5* and 4* hotel.

Non Smoking, Pool, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, Business Centre and High Speed Internet Access. Both star ratings have the same amenities.

Thanks!!

THank you both for your help...One quick question, say for example I was naming a price on PRICELINE.com. Say there was a hotel for $99 a night as a 4 star. If I bid below this, am I more likely to get the cheapest hotel? If I place a bid just above that price, does that exclude this hotel all together?

Thanks for your input, and I will use one of the links when making my final decision. Just want to know more on how PRICELINE.com determines when I place a bid for a hotel what I am guranteed to get. I want to go in with a price between $80-100 for the night on December 20th to 21st.

PRICELINE awards the hotel which has the highest rate equal to or lower than your offer price.

You will probably find this thread helpful as it explains the process in a bit more detail:

Don't Bid Higher For a Specific Hotel

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you once again for your help :)

I went through and clicked on your HOTWIRE link and booked the 4.5* hotel.

You were right, it was the Intercontinental Yorkville Toronto, and I really can't complain!

It's close to the subway, and only a 5-10 min cab ride to the show. With the money saved, how can I complain?!?

Thank you for the great service and insight you provided.

Look forward to working with you all again when I book my next hotel.

Thanks again!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were expecting and that this works well for your plans (or at least for the price you can certainly make it work! :) )... we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay and enjoy the show.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]