Hotwire Hotel: 5* San Antonio (San Antonio Riverwalk) Hyatt Regency San Antonio

Katenet
By Katenet,
in

This one looks to be a match to the Grand Hyatt. That would be my best guess.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

if it is the grand Hyatt, that isn't much of a deal because the regular rate is $149 so that would be a savings of $10.00. (I just checked.) Also I can use my AAA and it would be less than Hotwire.

I wonder if it is something else?

The tripadvisor traveler review rating that HOTWIRE states for this hotel at 3.5/5 based on 20+ reviews also matches the Grand Hyatt. The Marriott could be another option but is a long shot.

It is not unheard of for HOTWIRE to not have the best rate, however, what some people do in this situation is take advantage of HOTWIRE's double the difference guarantee. You would book through HOTWIRE, then call and tell them you found a cheaper rate and they will refund you double the difference. I am not quite sure if this works for the AAA rates though. That would be a concern of mine, maybe the board moderator thereuare would be able to comment.

I dont think they double the difference with AAA. It is worth the $45 we pay for it each year!

So I just booked through Hyatt's 800 # for $111.00 plus a full breakfast for two. I can cancel that if Hotwire looks like a better deal, but so far it does not.

Now there are TWO Hyatts on the riverwalk in San Antonio, the Hyatt Regency and The Hyatt Grand. The Hyatt Regency is on the riverwalk while the Hyatt Grand is also on the Riverwalk but away from all of the crowds. The Grand just opened in March 2008 and is right near the convention center.

So I wonder which hotel HOTWIRE thinks is 4.5 stars and is a deal at $129 (price just now...)

• 5 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]