Priceline Hotel: 4* Downtown (Seattle) Westin

maxwell
By maxwell,
in

I am trying to book one night in the Downtown Seattle area on Priceline for 8/23-- a Monday night. It will be the first night of our honeymoon and we will be leaving the next day for Orcas Island. I have tried on 2 different occasions for a 4* hotel and have given up after not having a bid of $120 accepted. Is this because it is a Monday night? Hotwire is showing prices of $156 to $209 for between 4 and 5* hotels. Am I trying too early? Maybe I shouldn't be so cheap for my honeymoon-- but I love a bargain.

Welcome x 2.

During peak season (which August is) it can often take more than a $110 bid to get accepted... $130 is a common acceptance price as well.

Plent of RE-BID zones available when bidding at the 4* level so you should be able to go up slowly. If you're not familiar with re-bidding read the previous link and feel free to ask any questions that you may have. If you'd like a specific bidding strategy just let us know your maximum bid and we'll be happy to supply one for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well-- I tried again and started bidding for downtown Seattle (4*) at $110 and went up by increments of 3 or 5 dollars and finally got it at $130 (after not having a $126 bid accepted). It's the Westin Seattle, which I understand is quite lovely. I'm very pleased. Thanks for your help!

Your Offer Price: $130.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $130.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$25.94

Total Charges: $155.94

Glad it worked out for you... sometimes all it takes is just a little bit more.

I'll actually be at this hotel one week before you so keep an eye out for my review once i return (as if you don't have enough on your mind with the wedding :) )

Congratulations on your nuptuals and have a great honeymoon.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]