Hotwire Hotel: 4* Naples-Ft. Myers (Bonita Springs) Hyatt Coconut

Canes98
By Canes98,
in

I got the 4* Hyatt Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, Florida for Saturday night July 31, 2004. Lowest available rate for this date through the Hyatt's website is $139. This $139 rate is a summer special with minimal blackout dates. Hyatt is even advertising it on local television down here in Southwest Florida. Hotwire had a rate yesterday for $233. I booked through Hotwire. Hotwire has contacted me to state that I am entitled to $188 back via their Double the Difference Guarantee. My final cost breaks down as follows:

Total paid to Hotwire: 262.95

Double Difference refund: $188.00

Final Cost: $74.95

Before buying through Hotwire, I bid for a Resort in Bonita Springs on Priceline for $60. Once that bid came back rejected, I bought through Hotwire as I figured the $75 net price could not be beat.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and strategic Double the Difference Guarantee.

Can you please add the amenities that Hotwire showed before purchase? Is it still Restaurants, Pool, Fitness, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa? This information will best help others identify the property in the future. You can still view the amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire states that their prices are so low that if you can find a lower price within 48 hours after booking they'll double the difference.

So... first thing to do is to see what you believe to be the Hyatt offered on Hotwire and at a 'high' price. Then see if you can find the lower rate as others have. Then you need to book the Hotwire hotel (hopefully it's the Hyatt) and then submit a claim for Double the Difference. You can read a summary of their program and a link to the complete terms and conditions here: hotwire.com/popUp/double-the-difference-popup.jsp?lid=hotel/index.jsp:HFF-copy:loc:1:LPG-See-Details

Let us know if you have any add'l questions and/or how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the instructions. I tried the resort category on priceline first and bid up to $80 using 5 rebids. All rejected. My husband was a little nervous about the gamble on the Hotwire.

After reaching a point where I figured the Coconut Point was a nicer resort, and less expensive than some of the lesser rated Priceline resort hotels, I decided to go for it! I got he 4* Hyatt Regency Coconut Point for

$238 per night for three nights which totalled $714.00 plus $74.95 in taxes and fees for a total of $788.95.

I submitted the "double the difference guarantee" form. Now I'm holding my breath to hear about the credit.

I know it will all be worth it. It is a little scary though considering the total for three nights.

Thanks again for your assistance.

No problem, please update us with your ultimate result.

A good idea, if you haven't done so already, is to print out a copy of the lower price on the web. This way you have some written proof in case the rate goes up between now and the time Hotwire checks the rate on Monday.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]