Priceline Hotel: 4*San Francisco (Union Square West) Parc 55

tjordan90
By tjordan90,
in

OK, I am new to priceline and I'm not sure I am grasping it properly. The thing is, I'm trying for the 3* Hyatt in Fisherman's Wharf (2 rooms) and would prefer that over 4* downtown locations.

August 19 - August 24, I bid $60 for 3* in Fisherman's Wharf. Bid was rejected. Got message: "We're sorry, but we couldn't find a hotel willing to accept your offer of $60 for a hotel room in the San Francisco area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx-xxx-xx." I had a free re-bid because Civic Center only goes up to 2.5 star hotels. Rebid at $62 for 3* in Fisherman's Wharf and Civic Center. Rejected again. I then tried a new course of action, searching for 4* in USE at $62. Rejected. Added Cathedral Hill and rebid at $64. Rejected. Added SFO and rebid at $66. Rejected.

Now, I know about the 72 hour time limit thing, but I wanted to see what would happen, how priceline would inform me I had to wait 72 hours. So I went back to the home page and bid $65 for 3* in Fisherman's Wharf - the same star and location as my first bid 45 minutes earlier. I was rejected. I was even able to re-bid, adding Civic Center and upping to $67. Still I was rejected. But, how was I able to rebid so quickly? Is something broken? And I thought I was supposed to get a screen saying "Your offer is too low, here's your last chance to up your bid"? And I thought it was supposed to take 15 minutes? It took no longer than 2 minutes. I spent about 2 days reading all about priceline and the process isn't going like I anticipated. Can somebody explain what could be happening?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]