Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Galveston (East-Harbor) Hotel Galvez

twenty2
By twenty2,
in

Does anybody have ideas or insight which hotel this might be?--3.5-star hotel in Galveston East and Harbor Area for One night on Saturday January 10, 2009 (One room/2 adults) with the following amenities:

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

I have been eyeing this property for some time and it has ranged between $99-$103 for the one night. Thank you in advance.

I noticed that HOTWIRE mentions a tripadvisor traveler review rating for this hotel of 3.5/5 based on 140+ reviews. Referencing tripadvisor directly, the one hotel I see that matches this rating is the Hotel Galvez - A Wyndham Historic Hotel with a traveler rating of 3.5/5 on 141 reviews. That would be my best guess.

The Hotel Glavez has been reported to the board previously with a smaller set of amenities, however, I think this is the only hotel that fits the tripadvisor criteria.

If you plan on reserving, help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

Hotel Galvez was one of the hotels "I thought" it could be but the "added amenities" that are currently showing have thrown me off a little making me think that it wasn't the Galvez. Given that the property is labeled for the "East Side" and is a 3.5 also limits the possibilities. Thank you for your insight.

I can't quite tell whether you think it is or it isn't the Galvez.

Although the amenity combination is different from what has been reported in the past, amenity combinations can and do change at any time. It has happened many times before with other hotels. And from what I have seen, the Galvez is the only hotel that matches the tripadvisor rating in that HOTWIRE zone.

I strongly think it is the Galvez.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

While the Hotel Galvez has been won via PRICELINE as recently as June of this year, note that it hasn't been reported to the board via a HOTWIRE purchase since this Hotwire Purchase back in January 2005, so it is certainly plausible that the amenities have changed since then.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another party traveling with us booked this hotel and it is indeed the Hotel Galvez.

There are more amenities now then what is listed on this Websites Hotwire Hotel List.

I will be booking using the HOTWIRE link given.

This is the first time I got the courage to post and ask and the information shared here was invaluable and spot on.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Please post back after your purchase so that we can update your topic title accordingly.

Thanks in advance for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Good luck.

The hotel that is listed above is 1000% Hotel Galvez (with the following amenities)

Near Beach

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

The stay was great and suited our needs. The Hotel Galvez has cruise parking and a shuttle that you need to sign up for. It is $14 for the week plus tips for the shuttle driver. On Sundays when cruisers depart and return it can get pretty crazy in the lobby area.

The aftermath of Hurricane Ike is still very visible. There used to be a pier right out the front of Hotel Galvez that is gone. Nothing. Many of the other hotels and other properties are still boarded up. The Flagship hotel has taken a beating and from the street you can see curtains, broken mirrors, and other loose furniture. In other words Galveston has a long way to go.

If you are looking for convenience then the Hotel Galvez is perfect. With the shuttle, SPEC's and WalMart being a short distance away it suited our needs. If you are looking for action then you may want to stay in another area.

The 3.5* hotel in Galveston East with the listed amenities is the Hotel Galvez.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]