Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hilton Walt Disney World Resort

Krisg7
By Krisg7,
in

Had a bid of $65 accepted at the Hilton Walt Disney World in the Disney Village. Unfortunately, when using PRICELINE, we bid on "Resort" level. While I have always been happy with Priceline, I feel like I was duped. The Hilton is decent, but it is definitely not a resort. It doesn't meet Priceline's own description of what qualifies as a resort and the hotel describes itself as 4-star. I tried to get satisfaction through Priceline, but was unsuccessful. Beware when bidding on Resorts. This experience makes me very leery about using PRICELINE in the future.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It doesn't meet Priceline's own description of what qualifies as a resort
What part of PRICELINE's description of a Resort does this property fall short?

Please add the date(s) of your stay to this thread so that we can add this information to the topic title and have this win appear in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The date I booked is Sunday, November 30.

In order to qualify as a resort, Priceline's site says there must be a resort activity...skiing, tennis, beachfront, golf, or major attraction. The Hilton does not have any of those. I suppose their argument would be the major attraction is Disney Village being close by. Whether or not that qualifies could certainly be debated. My primary argument is that if you compare the luxury level of the Hilton to other Resort hotels in the area, (like the Grand Cypress or Gaylord Palms) the Hilton falls far short.

Thank you for the list. It will be helpful to us in the future. Unfortunately, I did not know of your site until after the booked. As I said, we have always been happy with Priceline in the past. Honestly, at $65 I can't complain too much. My only real concern is that the Hilton does not match Priceline's description of what amenities qualify a property to be "Resort Level." Thank you again for your help.

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]