Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlanta (Perimeter) Westin

wjones
By wjones,
in

I have similar request for Chicago and AaronJB's help was excellent:

Chicago (Northbrook) Holiday Inn Express Lincolnshire-Deerfield

Now for Atlanta, I have been there a few years ago for business trip and I can't even remember the hotel name now. It was a nice hotel, good location and many great restaurants nearby, especially the Italian restaurant opposite of the hotel, very good food.

Trip: 11/7 (Fri) - 11/12 (Wed).

Looking for 3* hotel with is around $50/night. I have car so don't mind driving 20min. to the tourist attraction or the city. If the tourist attractions are far from each other (one far north, one far south), then i don't mind booking 2 hotels for different nights. Prefer in good neighborhood.

There are 19 PRICELINE zones in Atlanta, i think you'll need to narrow it down a bit and figure out which zones would work best for your needs in regards to what you want to see/do during this stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Downtown Atlanta seems awfully expensive on these dates, so I'll concentrate on the 'burbs:

Idea one:

1. Search for Atlanta for 11/7-10 on Travelocity, then search for the Drury Inn Marietta, which should be $76 per night. However, if you use coupon code BONUS75, $75 will be taken off the final total. This coupon code will likely require use of a Mastercard, but when you enter it in the checkout process, the discount is reflected. If this works, you would be looking at a $51 or so total per night for these dates. The reason that I STRONGLY recommend the Drury chain is that they usually get very good reviews and are famed for their freebies (the chain's "motto" is that "the extras aren't extra" - free breakfast, free internet, free evening reception with snacks, free hour of long distance phone in the evening, free coffee in room, etc. etc. This would also put you near a PRICELINE EXPRESSway for easy access to downtown.

2. Search on Hotwire for 11/10-12 on Hotwire, and there should be a 3.5* hotel in the Marietta area with the amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis. This would be a potential match for the Sheraton Suites Marietta. $59.

The average for this plan would be $54.20, which would be a little over your max.

Idea two:

1. Search on HOTWIRE for Atlanta for 11/7-9 and there should be a 4* in the Perimeter area with pool, restaurant & tennis for $79. Not sure which hotel this is, as it has not yet been reported. However, the tripadvisor rating would be a match for the Westin Perimeter and the Westin also has a pool. That is definitely not a confirmation that it's a Westin, but the Westin would be a potential match. I don't think it's likely the Crowne Plaza, due to a differing tripadvisor rating.

Search on HOTWIRE for Atlanta for 11/9-12 and there should be a 3* in the Airport area with the amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $46 per night. This would be a potential for the very nice looking Hyatt Place. Again, I'm not sure about Atlanta, but there appears to be a transit system that goes from the airport to downtown. You could possibly go to the airport and use that instead of driving downtown. This would provide a free breakfast, too.

This would be an average of $59.60, but would allow a weekend at a 4* and free breakfast for the last 3 days.

________________________________________________________________________________

__

Idea three:

Search on HOTWIRE for Atlanta for 11/7-12 and there should be a 3* in the Airport area with the amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $45 per night. This would be a potential for the very nice looking Hyatt Place. Again, I'm not sure about Atlanta, but there appears to be a transit system that goes from the airport to downtown. You could possibly go to the airport and use that instead of driving downtown. This would provide a free breakfast, too.

There are probably more ideas I can come up with, but I thought I'd stop at these three for the moment and see if any of these are of interest.

Links: HOTWIRE, Travelocity.com,

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

11/7/08 (Fri) - 11/12/08 (Wed)

1st bid, $45, 4* Hartsfield Airport (ATL). Rejected

2nd bid, $48, 4* Hartsfield Airport (ATL) + Perimeter. Rejected

3rd bid, $47, 3.5* Hartsfield Airport (ATL) + Perimeter. Accepted

3.5* Atlanta (Perimeter) Westin Atlanta North At Perimeter Center

(from the previous posts, this hotel used to be 4*)

This is the nightly rate at Expedia:

...Fri.|.Sat.|.Sun.|.Mon.|.Tue.|.Avg per night

$109 $109 $269 $269 $269 $205.00

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]