Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire 5* Kapalua Bay $255

sydog1
By sydog1,
in

Hello,

I've been monitoring 5 star hotels in Kapalua for a couple of weeks now. The cheapest I've seen them for is $220 and the most expensive has been $255. Do you think that the prices I've seen have been for the same hotel? Also, I only know of 2 hotels that are of 5-star quality in the Kapalua area... Kapalua Bay and Ritz-Carlton. Do you think it's one of these 2 hotels?

Thanks

SyDog1

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What are the date(s) of your stay? Are you seeing the same amenities each time you search?

Hotwire does fluctuate their prices from search-to-search in order to make their hotels more opaque (so that users don't 'know' the $100 hotel is Property1 and the $108 hotel is Property2)

I highly doubt that the Ritz Carlton participates with Hotwire, and remember that your idea of a 5* hotel and Hotwire's idea of a 5* hotel may be two very different thngs. If you list the dates and amenities we'll try to help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since this is an extended stay which could offer very big savings if it's a 'true' 5* hotel, you could book the first nite of your stay, if you're happy with the hotel then book the remaining nites; if not, make alternate plans.

This works out especially well if you're arriving late in the on the date of your arrival and if you have a car (or the zone is small enough that cab costs won't be prohibitive if you need to change hotels after the first nite)

I just looked at the Vacation Packages and actually the amenites are the same as you describe (the Spa icon is only shown when you click "Hotel Details and Photos"), so i would say that your chances are very good that this is the Kapalua Bay Hotel. The above strategy may still be a good approach if your still a little nervous (still no guarantees as you could always get a different hotel on your subsequent purchase, but at least not so much riding on that first purchase when it is more of an unknown)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]