Priceline Hotel: 4* San Juan

SMylar
By SMylar,
in

Trying to secure a one night stay in San Juan on a Saturday (3/7/09). I want to stay close to the Airport so I am only choosing that zone. Choosing 4* to help guarantee that I won't be disappointed in the stay. Bid $101 a few days ago which was declined...rebid at $105 which was declined then $110 today (10/26/08) which was declined. I have time so I am going to wait it out and rebid again later.

Are you using your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

If you're new to re-bidding, or not famliar with it, we strongly encourage you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding (or ask questions if you need further explanation)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not adding any additional zones when re-bidding as I have plenty of time. I am just sticking with the one zone closest to the airport and re-bidding when allowed. If I needed to secure something a little faster I would use the add a zone strategy. Let me know if there is error in my thinking!

Thanks for all your help

I don't think you're re-bidding correctly so i would ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with teh board before bidding again.... but to confirm, what are the names of the zones that you're adding in order to re-bid again without waiting 24 hours.

I am just sticking with the one zone closest to the airport and re-bidding when allowed. If I needed to secure something a little faster I would use the add a zone strategy. Let me know if there is error in my thinking!
This can lead to an overbid...

Let's say you start your bidding at $75 and intend to increase your bidding each day by $5 up to a limit of $150 (i'm just picking numbers for this example, i haven't yet looked again at actual rates for your stay). So yo bid a little higher each day and after 5-6 days you're at $110 or so and will increase to $115 the following day... but in the interim PRICELINE gets access to low priced inventory at $85/nite. The following day could be successful at $85, but you never have a chance to win at this price since you would be starting yoru bidding at $115. (NOTE: however i think you're making a mistake in re-bidding as per our comment above so its highly recommended you ask questions and understand re-bidding before moving forward)

Does that make sense?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]