Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Inland Empire (Ontario) Hilton Airport

wsj3200
By wsj3200,
in

This is a very nice hotel at a price point I haven't seen for at least a year. The economic slowdown combined with competition from new product in the area means lower pricing. With four free bids, try $36, $38, $40, and $44. One of these should get you into a nice 3* or greater hotel. If none of these hit, reset and try Ontario 2.5* @ $44 for the new Holiday Inn.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night:............$40.00

Subtotal:........................................................$40.00

Taxes & Service Fees:....................................$12.03

Total Charges*:.............................................$52.03

Congratulations on your win!

Nicely done... glad you tried the lower prices before jumpnig into 'typical' prices. We have seen a few 'new recent lows' reported, most notably in Vegas, but this may be a current trend that we see throughout much of the country in the immediate future given the current state of the economy.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, the trend continues. I've stayed here many times and was shocked to learn that as of Aug. 4, 2008, they have instituted a parking fee. The Ontario Airport Marriott became the first in the area to institute a parking fee about a year ago. The lot is not secure (at least not yet according to the front desk). Not that there's a shortage of parking in the area. On occasion, when there have been special events at the hotel, I have parked in the neighboring lot without problems.

So now the Hilton and Marriott can offer a lower price and undercut the Holiday Inn because of the parking fee and still come out ahead. This stinks IMHO. I know not everyone drives a to a hotel. But in an area where it's customary to not charge for parking because there is abundant parking everywhere, this is particularly disturbing because it prevents PL customers from finding the best deal. The only way to get the new Holiday Inn is to hope Hilton, Marriott or Doubletree are sold out 'cause you'll always get upgraded. I assume the Doubletree is or will be playing the same game as it is a Hilton property. I have the same issue with resort fees. I'll be writing to PL to express my displeasure over these acts of PL treason. :)

I accept pay parking in congested Downtown areas but it offends me in low density suburban areas like Ontario, especially where parking has been free for years. The pay parking at Hilton Woodland Hills bothers me too. But parking is still free at the Hilton San Bernardino! :)

I think Hilton/Doubletree pads their parking charges more than any other chain. But they also give a lot of low-priced inventory to PRICELINE so I cut them a little slack.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]