Hotwire Hotel: 3* Windsor Quality Suites

B ri
By B ri,
in

When you bid on PRICELINE you are choosing a minimum star rating you are willing to accept. So if you bid for a 2.5* hotel you are also in essence bidding for a 3* hotel, which is likely the reason for what you are seeing.

Even though you are bidding on a 2.5* you may get the 3* you do not want.

What are the dates of your stay?

Use this PRICELINE link to start your purchase.

Back to your original question. There is no way to guarantee getting the 2.5* instead of the 3* when you bid for a 2.5* hotel in the zone.

Bidding for a 2.5* hotel will also include bidding on the 3* hotels, possibly resulting in the hotel you do not want.

Another option you may want to try is HOTWIRE which would allow you to make an educated guess as to which hotel is offered. Right now I am seeing a 3* hotel for $49/night on HOTWIRE that seems to match the Hilton, which is in the area you are looking for.

Amenities include:

fitness

pool

restaurant

internet

business

golf nearby

tennis nearby

tripadvisor traveler review rating of 3.5/5 based on 40+ reviews.

The going rate for this Hilton is $129, so if it is indeed the Hilton, $49 is a fantastic price.

Use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

You can see all the hotels reported to the board by looking at the Hotwire Hotel List.

Does anything close show up for your dates when you search HOTWIRE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or if you end up booking direct, please use our link to the Quality Suites)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hilton and the Quality Suites are rated a 3* hotel by HOTWIRE (there is a small chance this has changed, but it doesn't seem likely).

Currently, HOTWIRE is showing what looks to be the Hilton for $49/night. Since HOTWIRE only lists one hotel per star rating the only chance that a different hotel will show up is if this current one gets booked, or if it is removed from HOTWIRE. There is no telling if or when this would happen, and even if it does happen, there is no guarantee that the next available hotel would be the Quality Suites.

If you are dead set on the Quality Suites, I would recommend that you book a cancelable reservation directly with the hotel (through the links on this site) and then wait and see if something changes on HOTWIRE.

Is there a reason you do not want to stay at the Hilton? It seems like it is less than a 10min walk from the Quality...

-The reason I want to stay at Quality Suites is the room size. It is a lot bigger than the other hotels in Windsor I have stayed in.

-Also, I want to make sure that it is not the Holiday Inn Select Windsor Ambassador Bridge hotel because this looked far from downtown.

-Do me a favor and go to hotwire and search for a room on Oct 31 to Nov 1st and put in 1 room and 4 people. It gave me something different.

I did 1 room and 3 people and I think I found it. For Oct 31 to Nov 1

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately with so few amenities and no tripadvisor traveler rating it is hard to pinpoint which hotel this could be.

But going along the same lines, I searched for 1 room 3 adults and a different hotel popped up for $99 with amenities:

Suite, breakfast, business, and internet

No tripadvisor traveler rating

This does seem to fit the Quality Suites. It isn't the amenity combination we have seen before for this hotel, but amenity combination's can change at any time. It could also be the Comfort Suites, which hasn't yet been reported to the board.

This is the rundown of what we have seen for Windsor for Oct 31-Nov1

1 room - 2 adults: $49 - likely the Hilton

1 room - 3 adults: $99 - quite possibly the Quality Suites, maybe the Comfort Suites

1 room - 4 adults: $99 - unknown, but probably similar to a Holiday Inn, or Radisson, etc.

Is the extra $50 worth the slightly larger room size?

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

I highly doubt it. It doesn't have an automatic reservation system, so you put in a request and someone gets back to you. That's just not how HOTWIRE does business.

I think it is either the Quality or Comfort Suites and both are downtown. Again that is with 1 room and 3 adults...Putting in 4 adults offers a different hotel.

Use this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let the board know the result.

I based my note on their official website and hadn't checked Expedia or others. I'm not sure why they wouldnt have an automatic reservation system on their website if they use these other sites.

I did a search and found a review on tripadvisor which mentioned that St. Clair Residence Center was won through HOTWIRE, so I guess that gives an answer to your question. No mention on what star rating or amenity combination was listed though.

However, referencing some other sites (including Expedia) the St. Clair College Residence is more typically rated a 2* hotel while the Quality Suites is more typically rated a 3*. I would guess that the St. Clair College Residence is probably being offered as a 2* rather than a 2.5*. That's just my hunch.

Hotwire 3* Windsor, Ontario (searched 2 adults 1 child to bring this hotel up.)

Hotel is: Quality Suites Downtown Windsor

Amenities:

Suite

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Cost: 1 Night

1 Room

Subtotal: $63

Tax & Fees: $12.77

Total Price: $75.77

Dates: October 31, 2008- Novemeber 1, 2008

... Thanks for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]