Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Airport MCO) Wingate Inn

frozenfingers
By frozenfingers,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 3.5* looks like it is most likely the Crowne Plaza, but in the past it was reported as a Customer Favorite but in your search is not classified as such. In another area we did recently see a similar situation where a hotel suspected to be the Crowne Plaza was no longer listed as such... maybe corportate rumblings with Crowne Plaza and Hotwire causing them to no longer be Customer Favorites system wide? maybe Crowne Plaza no longer wanting Customer Comments associated with their opaque hotel listings? Can't really say.

According to the hotel's website the Crowne Plaza does indeed have an airport shuttle, although that amenity icon has never been associated with it on Hotwire.

Not sure of the 3* hotel as we have never seen that combination of amenities before in this zone. However, sometimes a Hotwire 3* is more like a 2.5* elsewhere, so keep that in mind and if you for that lower your expectations somewhat and expect more of a budget oriented hotel (not always a bad thing, but want you to know what to expect).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've noticed this and have been wondering about it. As noted, a 1-night stay for 7-25-04 shows a 3.5* with Rest, Pool, fitness, and business for $56 but does not have the usual Customer Favorite comment.

But, if you check a 1-night stay for 10-23-04, it shows the usual Crowne Plaza icons (3.5* with rest, pool, fitness, and business) for $66 and has the Customer Favorite comment.

I've been wondering if the one without the Customer Favorite comment is actually a different hotel. Please let us know if you find out! Thanks!

My thoughts are you're overspending at $50+. You can probably bid for a 3* on PL and with 4 free rebids you can get a 3* for less than $39. If your trying to avoid a specific 3* then my guess is your 3.5* is the Marriott.

Bid on PL starting at $31 for a 3* and add rebids at $33, $35, $37 and $39. Good luck

OK... sorry for the delay, things were happening and I just now got a chance to come back and look at booking a room. I got:

The Wingate Inn, MCO area, 3*,

Airport Shuttle

pool(s)

Fitness Center

Complimentary Breakfast

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

$47.00 and tax = $58.95 One night only July 25.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]