Priceline Hotel: 4* Budapest Art Otel

pnb
By pnb,
in

Accepted bid for $56 on 7/14 and 7/17 (successful on 1st attempt each time). The Art Otel is excellent (stylish boutique, great views, breakfast included in PL rate).

Decided at the last minute to stay 1 night longer in Budapest, and had to use PL UK for sameday bidding on 7/15. Got the Marriott (less desirable IMHO) for approx. $63 at second attempt with an upgraded 3* rebid (1st attempt at

Great job using all the resources available to you (since US doesn't allow same day bidding in this zone).

Thank you for this post (as well as the others you made today)... i'm certain all of the information will be utilized by future bidders.

When you get a chance can you post the details of the Marriott win as a new topic.. this will enable us to keep the format of one win and hotel per title.

Thanks, and enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In fact thereuare, I already have ! Thanks :)

I have now posted as a separate topic the Marriott bid. The only reason I combined the two properties was that they were in the same category (*4) for the same week (mid-July), and therefore I felt that some kind of comparison might be interesting.

I was actually able to get a glimpse at PL's faxed reservation when I checked in at the Art'Otel, and it mentioned a rate of 50.00 (I have to assume it was USD and not EUR, as my accepted bid was $56).

Although the Art'Otel seems to be a more desirable property, it seems that a lower bid ($50 to $60?) might increase your chance of success (friends got the Marriott for $65 and I got it for approx. $63).

On the other hand, same day bidding (on PL UK) does not seem to be available for the Art'Otel as a difference to the Marriott.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]