DTW-->SEA

2Adventure
By 2Adventure,
in

Most online prices required 7-21 days for discount fares beginning at 477.00 and up.

I bid 100.00 for DTW-SEA RT Oct 24-Nov 08, 2008 on Priceline. They came back saying that it was too low and if I would pay 199 plus tax/fees 49.45 each which equals 244.00 RT total they would put it through.

My total for 2 tickets only 6 days away is 488. 90

I have been working on this for a couple days and had many bids all 100.00 with different dates. I had the 244.00 offer 3 times but went back and changed dates and rebid. All my dates were within Oct 21-Nov 8, 2008 One time they said they could put it through if I would accept a 4 hour lay over. I rebid for the next day out and it went through without the long layover.

Flights are on United with short stops at O'Hare.

Welcoem to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you were successful with an airfare bid, which are have historically been difficult.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In addition to the price above we will be charged $15.00 for the first bag per ticket and $25.00 for each second bag checked on this United flight. :) These fees are charged each trip.

Checking at the curb would be another $4.00 RT plus tip so the total extra charges could be $64.00 RT with one checked bag each and add $25-50.00 more each way if a second bag is checked.

Just thought you would want to know the total cost after you pay Priceline if you win on United.

www.farecompare.com compiled a updated airlines fees chart that is very informative, a keeper.

These are (i hate to say it) "standard" fees now on most US carriers and you would need to pay these fees even if booked direct.

I've done a bit of flying this month and in my research the only major US carrier that doesn't currently charge (subject to change at any time) is Delta... the more regional companies: JetBlue, Southwest, and AirTrain are not currently charging for the first bag either.

Do note also that it doesn't pay to overstuff a bag inorder to have one less bag, as the 'over the weight limit' is pretty serve and much more expensive than paying for an extra bag (i think it's like $50)... and the 'too large' fee on my recent American trip was something like $150 (i quickly unpacked and split our stuff between a suitcase and a carry-on just to make sure the large suitcase we intended to take didn't cross the threshold as it was 'borderline' based upon the dimmensions provided.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]