Priceline Hotel: 4* San Juan La Concha Renaissance

ILuvCruising
By ILuvCruising,
in

Hi

I've been bidding for a resort in San Juan PR for 11/28/2008 through 11/30/2008.

Websites for the available resorts in that zone show the following prices:

Marriot $199.00

Intercontinental $195.00

Caribe Hilton $135.00

I've been bidding in 24 hour increments, started at 80 dollars and went as a high as $110.00. No wins, and

no counter offers from Pricelne. Should I grab the website price for the Caribe (stayed there before, and it

was acceptable,) or should I be patient and keep trying until something opens up for my price range?

My max. would be $110 based on other wins and the website rate.

Where are you seeing the $135/nite rate for the Caribe Hilton (please use this link if you do book this as a back-up)... i'm not seeing this rate when searching for your dates.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good morning..

That price is from the Hilton website, for San Juan between 11/28 and 11/30.

I ran the search again this morning, and the $135 price is still coming up.

I will use your links to do my bids. Should I assume that the Hilton hasn't released any rooms for those dates to the bidding sites as of yet?

Pete

I see the $135/nite rate that you're refering to, but if you click thru and try to book, on the subsequent pages you'll see that the $135/nite rate is not offered for any of the room types... best rate is $144/nite.

Unfortunately the $144/nite rate is non-refundable. If you think you may eat and/or drink at the resort, i would book the CARIBBEAN GETAWAY $169/nite rate which comes with a $50 credit (can't be used against room rate, resort fee, or taxes), which would essentially amount to $25 off per nite, bringing your cost down to the same $144/nite but this rate would be cancellable up until 3 dayd prior to your arrival date so you can continue to monitor and try PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE

Please use our Caribe Hilton link should you book this as a back-up and our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding/purchases.

Does this gameplan work for your needs? Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Excellent suggestions. I am discussing it with my better half. That price also goes up when you add a second person to the room. We may rebid and go down to a 3.5 star as well. But the Caribbean Getaway looks promising--as you suggested we could book and cancel if we win a bid.

Thank you for you assistance. I will post the out come here.

Peter

Bidding strategy: Been trying for a Resort class in San Juan for several weeks, with bids ranging from 90 to 130 dollars. We've also tried using 4.0 and 3.5 star ratings to increase chances of winning a place to stay. Today's $135.00 Resort only bid brought a nibble for the increase your bid by 22 dollars offer. I decided to chance a 4.0 so I could increase my bid by a minimal amount. Winning bid was $143.00 and was for the La Concha resort in San Juan. I'll post a quick review of the hotel when we return.

Hotel rates and specials seem to be going up for this weekend, so I figured I'd better jump in and get something today.

Thanks for the previous assistance, and the bid was through the link provided by our host.

PRICELINE

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a nice deal as well as a new hotel for the Priceline Hotel List... and gets good reviews too (which are tough to come by in San Juan)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]