Hotwire Hotel: Kitchener - need your help

Luckytimer
By Luckytimer,
in

Are you still seeing this property on your HOTWIRE search... i'm showing a hotel with more amenities than you've posted above. If you are still seeing a property with only these four amenities, are you searching for more than one room or for mroe than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you have made any plans or decisions regarding your Hilton Head stay please follow-up that thread

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

So sorry. I'm a newbie to this forum and did not realize you like people to follow up on their posts.

Actually, this is what I ended up booking:

Kitchener, Ontario

Oct 25-26, 2008

3 STAR hotel - HOLIDAY INN

smoke free rooms

complimentary breakfast

fitness centre

pool

restaurant

business centre

golf nearby

tennis nearby

Price: 92.00

It was a great hotel, clean, quiet, central to everything. The beds were extremely great. The only fly in the ointment was when I checked in and asked about the "free breakfast" which I KNEW was a hot buffet breakfast, she said that our room rate did not include that. I told her that it did because I had my all my paperwork with them. She started to give me a hassle but as there was a line forming behind me, she gave me vouchers for 2 people. I told her I booked a room that slept 4 and that there were 3 of us (myself, husband, teenage son) that I needed 3 breakfasts. She gave me 3 breakfast vouchers but was not happy about it. Upon returning home,I called Hotwire customer service and explained the situation. I told them I didn't know if this was Hotwire's fault or the Holiday Inn's fault. Hotwire assured me that they would look into it. Very promptly I got a call from Hotwire. They said that they had taken that icon off the hotel and gave me Hotwire bucks towards our next purchase with Hotwire. You can't beat their customer service! Anyway, I have checked since and the "breakfast" icon is still there. I know Holiday Inn was just trying to get out of the buffet breakfast deal with me, but fortunately I had all my paperwork with me, including the Hotiwire Icon page for the hotel.

All in all, a very satisfactory end to it.

Thanks for the follow-up and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

We like all posts to have a 'conclusion' (even if PRICELINE or HOTWIRE wasn't use) as it lets other users know what ultimatley happened for the stay rather than leave them guessing if a hotel was won but not posted, trip cancelled, or a hotel was booked direct. More importantly, the hotel lists on the board are a direct result of users posting their results, so the information can help other users, just as others will now benefit from this new addition to the hotel list.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]