Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Donovan House

BehrHunter
By BehrHunter,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

See the related "bid early or close to arrival" link in our PRICELINE FAQ. However, it sounds as if this is more than a one nite stay and the longer your stay the harder it may be to get an accepted bid... what is your check-out date?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates are November 17 - November 20th.

Here is what I have tried so far to no avail.

4* Dupont Circle - $75 - Rejected

4* Dupont & WH Downtown - $85 - Rejected

4* Dupont & WH DT & Foggy B - $100 - Rejected

3.5* Dupont & WH DT & Foggy B - $101 - Rejected

I figured I would give these prices a shot based on other peoples bids but theirs seem to be more weekend dates than midweek.

So far no luck.

When did you make your last bids? What is your maximum bid for this stay? What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional means? (use our BetterChecker to assist in your search)

You can certainly bid better than you have... are you familiar with with re-bidding (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) as it doesn't appear you're using your re-bid zones in your bidding (if you're knew to the concept of re-bidding it's highly recommended to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding and/or ask questions if you're confused)

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You only mention wanting the Dupont and Capital Hill zones but you included Foggy Bottom in your bidding... i'm assuming this is not a prefered zone so didn't include it in the bidding strategy below (if you want this zone then don't bid as follows but instead post back so we can revise)

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4*Capital Hill...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Dupont Circle and Capital Hill...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

I would bid the asap for if it's rejected, there is currently a 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone (Boutique, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) for $125 which our best guess would be the Donovan House - a Thompson Hotel. If this is of itnerest to you i would grab it, as all the other 4* hotels offered thru HOTWIRE are $300+ for your dates so i don't expect this hotel, or price, to last too long.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for all your help.

I tried your suggestions. Springfield, Mount Vernon, DC Suburbs and Crystal City were my rebid areas as none contain 4*

I tried the suggestions you outlined but my max bid of $125 was declined.

I omitted White House area. Was there a reason you left this off the list?

I guess the Donovan was sold.

I should also add I am looking for 2 rooms. Is that a hindrance?

I would like to book a 4* in the capitol hill or dupont areas.
I omitted White House area. Was there a reason you left this off the list?

I only included the zones you stated you wanted... did you also want to include the White House zone? What above Foggy Bottom which it appears you had bid but didn't mention as one which you wanted.

Shame the Donovan disappeared as that appeard to be an incredible deal!!

The HOTWIRE Dupont Circle hotel is appearing once again for $125/nite... i would GRAB it.

I'll send you a PM now so hopefully you'll receive an email notification and be able to grat it before it disappears again.

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you got it before it disappeared.!

This is a HUGE win for these dates as all other 4* hotel in the area are MUCH more expensive and this property gets great reviews.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]