Canada Toronto Courtyard by Marriott Mississaugua

deltachi8
By deltachi8,
in

Stayed here for one night on 7/17/04 as a quick getaway to Canada's Wonderland. A terrific hotel and a great price ($25 US through priceline.) Had a king room with pullout sofa, desk and coffee table on the second floor.

The hotel is quite new and looks it. It has a very nice business center off the main lobby and offers free high speed internet in each room. The TV service has many channels including some local affiliates out of Buffalo for those needing the US stuff. Breakfast is offered in the lobby - while a bit pricey is is quite good. The service, in the eatery and the hotel in general was top notch.

There is a pool/spa and gym on the first floor which is accessed with the room key. Nothing fancy but very clean and nice. We were the only ones using them - we spent well over an hour in the pool.

The hotel has easy access on/off the 401, 30 mins to downtown, 30 minutes to Wonderland, about 10-15 the the Airport (YYZ). Located in a business park, several dining options within a 10 minute drive down Erin Mills Parkway.

The room and hotel were very clean and the service first class and very friendly - no problems with the bill, priceline, etc. FREE parking is great as well.

Overall a very good stay, the only ngative is that it isn't that close to Toronto itself, but not far to drive either.

• 11 months later...

Stayed here for several weekends in May/June 05. The hotel is located just off Highway 401, about half an hour drive to CN Tower in Toronto. It's adjacent to a Residence Inn, and down the street from the Mississauga Radisson. The surrounding area is extremely quiet, in a large business park area (many corporate headquarters type offices in the vicinity). Even after the regular work week begins, it is still fairly quiet, never a lot of traffic in the area. You need a car if you're staying here as there's almost nothing within walking distance. With a car, it's much cheaper to stay outside downtown and drive in. Free parking in hotel, no traffic and cheap parking into the city on weekends.

The Courtyard and Residence Inn are side-by-side. Both hotels are very clean and new, about a year old. Courtyard is your typical hotel room whereas in the Residence Inn, you get a studio type suite with kitchen facilities and a couch seating area. The Courtyard has six floors, The Residence Inn has 3 floors. Both have very easy access to the elevators from the parking lot through the back doors. There's your typical restaurant in the lobby where breakfast is served, but I didn't use it. My room had one king bed and is what you can typically expect from a hotel under the Marriott chain. Professional service, no mention about Priceline use at all. A friend joined me for one weekend and I had no problem requested a room with 2 double beds instead of just one king sized bed. You get free breakfast at the Residence Inn (continental fare) but not at Courtyard.

Other positives. Free parking. Barbeque area. Basketball halfcourt area. Excellent staff. Indoor pool and jacuzzi (although I didn't use them). Free high speed internet in room. Very cozy business area that shared a glass fireplace with a nice little lounge area. Small bar area in the lobby (again, I didn't use it). Quiet. TV has LOTS of channels, including the US network affiliates from Buffalo and quite a few US and Canadian cable channels. Laundry facilities.

This place is great value for a 2.5* hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

• 5 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]