Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

danyell_21
By danyell_21,
in

I am trying to book a hotel in downtown houston for one night next weekend. I would like to get the Hilton Americas or the Residence inn/Courtyard Inn marriott.

The 3.5 star deal on hotwire shows that it could be a Hilton or a Crowne Plaza (which i dont really want)...is there a way to really know which it will be?

the amenities listed on hotwire are:

3.5 stars

silkHotPrice1: $106

per room, per night

3.5-star hotel in Downtown Houston (0.0 - 0.7 miles from your location)

*fitness center

*pool

*dining

*business center

*wireless

both the hilton and the crowne plaza have all these things. Secondly, i thought that the hilton americas would be a 4 star, but it does not appear that way on hotwire.

also, would you suggest that it would be better for me to try Priceline or Hotwire, since I have preferences for the actual hotel? Also, I am trying to get a suite or two rooms with two beds each - but i am thinking that i can work with the check in to get upgrades if needed. The reason for the preference is their proximity to dinner locations and the light rail.

I am new to priceline and have used hotwire in the past for car rentals only.

thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Whether you use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE depends upon how much risk you're willing to accept as i see tow issues if you decide to use priceline:

1) PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so you could receive a hotel with only one bed and the hotel would be well within their rights and upholding their end of the agreement. Using HOTWIRE you can search for up to quad occupancy and HOTWIRE guarntees 'sleeping accomodations' for everyone included in yoru search. Searching for triple occupancy (or quad) ensures separate beds, but in some situations the second 'bed' could be a pullout couch or a rollaway

2) with HOTWIRE you'll be able to take an educated guess as to the hotel you will likely receive, and therefore know (or have a guess) as to the location. With PRICELINE you'll be subject to any any hotel in the shaded boundaries of the zone which includes the hotels you're trying to avoid.

The other side of the coin is that PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, so it's a trade-off and you have to decide whether have a little control over the hotel you receive OR price is the most important factor to you.

Let us know you'd like to proceed as well as the date of your stay and how many people/rooms you're searching for in total (it's not clear if you actually have more than double occupancy per room OR if you only have double occupancy but want separate beds for each) and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, i would ideally like 2 beds and like a roll out sofa bed (or two rooms with two beds each). I think there will be 5-6 people (and possibly other may end up staying rathering than driving so late after going out). And I need the room(s) for Saturday, Oct 25th for one night.

thanks for the help!

Well, i would ideally like 2 beds and like a roll out sofa bed (or two rooms with two beds each)

You need to decide what you want vs. what you need.

You can't guarantee the above with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

PRICELINE guarantees double occupancy while HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy (essentially ensuring one bed + one "other" bed (which could be a rollaway or pullout sofabed)). PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, and your maximum budget and minimum star rating per room, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For multiple reasons screenshots are not permitted on the board.

Do you think it reasonable to bid on PRICELINE ~$55 a night for two room for a 4 star and get the hilton americas?
While a $55 bid may be reasonable... it's not reasonable to expect a specific property since it's currently showing on HOTWIRE. However, at the 4* level you have a LOT of re-bid zones available... why not set your maximum bid, start low, and then use your re-bid zones to incrase to your maximum amount?

If you're not familiar with re-bidding see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (and if you're new to re-bidding it's highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones before bidding) Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding this concept.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]