Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip South) THEhotel

jbold
By jbold,
in

:)

Well, i was trying every day all week and i wont bother posting all those results or you may get bored to death

I am actually staying at the venetian for 4 days next week out of comp but will be there 6 days and they dont comp sat and sunday

i figured i could bid on the 5 star norths and either get venetian or palazzo and wouldnt have to go take a cab somewhere else, and preferably win the venetian so i can stay the whole 6 days at the venetian instead of having to move.

if i won palazzo, id move my comp to palazzo instead so i had a 2/3 chance to get one of those 2.

i also figured i could try for treasure island since it is only across the street and perhaps id luck out and get it for 100 per night or less.

so i was doing the priceline name your own bid.

so i decided on friday to try again after giving up at my cut off of 150 every day unsuccesfully (and 100 for 4 stars strip norths)

but i wasted far too time this week doing this so i decided friday was the day id get it done- maybe id raise my max bid.

(i will also note earlier in the week they gave me the counter offer of 199.00 monday and tuesday, then wednesday their counters were lowered to 188 and then 183) i knew we must be close and if i raised it to 160 or so we would be done.

trouble is, it was saying it was a duplicate bid and i know more than 24 hours had passed, so i decided to add strip south into my bids so i could bid now instead of later.

thinking thehotel usually doesnt come up.

here goes

4 star strip north 85.00 declined

4 star strip north, airport 100 declined

5 star strip north 141.00 declined (got countered 183.00-knew we were getting closer again)

5 star strip north , summerlin 145 declined

5 star strip south ,strip north 146 declined

5 star strip north, strip south, airport 154 declined

5 star strip north, strip south, nellis 160 declined

5 star strip north, strip south, summerlin 163 ACCEPTED

ONLY THING IS, it was for TheHotel at Mandalay Bay way at the other end of the strip.

also 163 is higher than i wanted, i mean i see people winning venetian for under 100 on here sometimes, but when i go to do it, i pay premiums

i wonder what is going on that weekend that it was so tough

well i can only blame myself for assuming that thehotel wouldnt be the winner.

i know it will be a sharp hotel, and i have always wanted to try out their pool/beach area. just this trip it is not where i wanted to be really.

and i did use the better bidding PRICELINE link too by the way.

NOTE

i realize i forgot to add the winning bid in the header, mod, can you please add it for me?price was 163.00

thanks!

Congratulations(??) on your win.

We havent' seen sub-$100 venetian wins in quite some time, and although there are three 5* hotels in the North Strip zone, the Trump has been coming up more frequently than the other two, so i don't think the chances of winning the Veneitan or the Palazzo were 2 out of 3. (and this is why we stress to user to report their wins even if the hotel already appears on the hotel list as it gives a rough guage of how frequently each hotel is received)

While it may have been nice to stay in one hotel for the complete stay, i don't think this is too bad... you'll move once and you'll be able to try out a hotel that you have been wanting to experience. Maybe you'll like it there and this will become your new favorite hotel and develop a relationship with a host there this stay.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... hope your luck is better in Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]