Syracuse, NY to Manchester, UK

idlewild
By idlewild,
in

Betting strategy required for a flight from Syracuse, NY to Manchester, UK. The flight departing from Syracuse will be on 12.19.2008 with the returning flight from Manchester on 1.4.2009. So far the cheapest flight (1 connection) I have found is with Delta direct through their website (via Kayak) for $1044. This is broken down to $915 for the ticket and taxes composing the remaining $128. If I use Pricelines own words of "saving up to 40%", that would mean that the cheapest I could hope to pay for a similar ticket would be ~$550. Is that logic appropriate, that I should start my bidding from that figure?

Your logic is correct, but the "up to 40%" is (imo) meaningless...

For hotels they advertise "up to 50%" and sotimes it's more and sometimes it's less. As well, airfare wins have been tough to come by as occupancy has been high with many planes flying at full capacity. I'm on a red-eye flight as we speak (thanks to GoGo Inflight WiFi Internet and there is one empty seat on the entire plane (a decent sized 767 with 2-3-2 row arrangement) and i only see one empty seat.

With the above noted you can start at $550 (or even lower if you'd like) and use the 'city method' in order to Re-Bid on Airfare

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I just tried unsuccessfully with a bid of $400, with tax the total was ~$670. The ticket cost has come down substantially for this route. It was ~$1200 just a couple of weeks and is now ~$950 with Continental. When can I rebid again as I exhausted my rebid options, of which there was actually none. Can I rebid again? It's not really looking like that I can save that much money on this route. I think that I might just swallow the cost and actually choose my flight times if the saving isn't going to be that substantial.

When can I rebid again as I exhausted my rebid options, of which there was actually none.

Did you use the 'city method' as described in the post above:

With the above noted you can start at $550 (or even lower if you'd like) and use the 'city method' in order to Re-Bid on Airfare

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]