Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Provo (Provo-Orem) Best Western Mountain View

Sue G
By Sue G,
in

$45 per night plus $38.39 tax/fees for the 5 nights.

On many occasions we have asked the hotel we book through Priceline if we could have a room with 2 beds, as we have a couple of our kids with us. Usually this is not a problem. However, this hotel charged us over $22 per night extra for a 2 bed room. This is an area that HOTWIRE beats PRICELINE because with Hotwire I can say there will be 4 people in the room.

If a hotel charges more on their website for a quad room vs. a double then i don't have a prooblem with the additional charge... but if this is only for PRICELINE guests than it's not an appropriate policy.

Other than the additinal charge, hope you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I agree with you. The normal rate at this hotel is $5 more for 2 beds, but they told us in order to give us the room we wanted we would have to bring the price up to the normal market rate. It was, however, a nice place with a good breakfast.

I think we're in agreement but i'll post my thoughts in hope of helping others who may read this thread now or in the future.

In this type of situation i think it shows you're reasonable, which will often get you more things you want with a hotel manager, if you offer to pay the extra $5 per nite for the upgrade (ie- the difference in price between the room class you booked and the room price you want... if the price difference on the hotel website is $20/nite then you should be willing to pay the $20/nite difference, etc)

Another thing to remember is that the hotel doesn't know how much you paid PRICELINE... only the amount that they sold the room to priceline. So if you get a manager who is only willing to upgrade based upon the current room rate (i'm assuming less the amount you paid) then ask them how much it will be and then appear shocked at the rate since you actually paid much more than what he says you are paying (ie- act as if you overbid)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]