Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Hilton Garden Inn

scsagh
By scsagh,
in

As a newbie, I have lots of questions...I was looking in the Mag Mile area for Oct. 17 (one night). Need somewhere for 4 people (2 adults, 2 teen girls). We are going to have a car, but hoping not to have to drive once we get to the hotel, so parking is a concern. First time in DT Chicago, so thinking we might do the Trolley Car hop on and off tour on Sat. Trying to figure out if any of these hotels would be near a stop. The girls also want to try Gino's (sp?). Right now I have a reservation at Hampton Inn & Suites Mag Mile as a back-up at $170.10 Like that it includes breakfast. Have never bid before, but looking at:

4.5 star $149 guessing Intercontinental or

3 star $118 guessing Hilton Garden Inn

Any suggestions or other things to consider?

Thanks!

If you need help identifying the above hotels please include the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with each of the offerings. Are you including quad occupancy for your search?

Also, note that there is no bidding with HOTWIRE... they offer hotels at a specified price and you choose to it accept it or not.

Regarding your back-up hotel, note that we are an affiliate of the Hampton Inn (as well as all the Hilton brands and most other major hotel chains), please consult our support page for any hotel direct reservations you make.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- check out Hop On-Hop Off.com for Chicago hopon/hopoff bus tickets... there is currently a 5% discount code available

PPS- please also follow-up your Hotwire South Bend Indiana thread if you've made any decision for that leg of your stay (even if you didn't choose to go with HOTWIRE)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for leaving out so much info. I have been going back and forth on the Better Bidding site looking at both Hotwire and Priceline reviews and info, so accidently misworded the "bidding". I chose Hotwire since we need a room for 4 and didn't want to gamble with Priceline. Here is what I'm looking at using a date of 10/17/08 for 2 adults and 2 children:

4.5-star hotel in Magnificent Mile for $149 - customer favorite, fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access

or

3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville for $118 - customer favorite, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet access

(by the way, is there an easy way when typing here to get the amenities listed out?)

It's good to know about reservations at hotels that you are an affiliate of. If I do end up with my back-up rather than a hotwire hotel, is it worthwhile to cancel my other reservation and rebook, or just know that for future reference?

Thank you for the link to the Hop On-Hop Off. Unfortunately, Chicago wasn't one of the cities they listed. I should have been more specific in saying I saw that with the Chicago Trolley Co.

Thanks for your help, and please let me know if there are other things I need to do or include to make it easier for you and more understandable for all.

Not sure if THIS IS THE TROLLEY TOUR you're refering to but you can use the same coupon code and this previous link if that is what you're after.

The 4.5* is a match for the Inter-Continental while the 3.5* is a match for the Hilton Garden Inn so that would be our best guess for each.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Intercontinental is a very historic, very pretty hotel directly on Michigan Ave. The hotel's pool is famous, as it is one of the first public pools built on a higher floor and was considered an engineering feat when it was first built. It is right on Michigan Ave.

The Hilton Garden Inn is very nice, but more basic. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, I say save the money and stay there. There is a CTA subway station right outside the hotel. Additionally, given that you're just staying one night, I say save the $.

Additionally, there's a Jewel grocery right across from the HGI and a Whole Foods not far.

Thanks for all of the help! I have successfully made my first HOTWIRE purchase using the link. We all figured correctly. I was awarded the Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown North (aka Magnificent Mile...scared me when I saw a different Hilton Garden name until I checked the address and noticed that it was one and the same) for $118 plus fees for a total of $142.40.

Excellent. That's a very nice HGI (I want to say it's the flagship of the chain, but with all the hotel building over recent years, that may not still be the case.) Again, it's not a 4*, but it's a very nice 3* and given that you're only going to be there for one night, I say save the $ for something else.

Enjoy your trip, and additionally, if you have any questions about the city, please do ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]