Priceline Hotel: Help - MTE for Sept. 9 to 11

SaylorGirl
By SaylorGirl,
in

Is the Waldorf a 4* or 5* and where should I start my bidding? (I realize it could be any hotel and not the Waldorf). I would consider adding the MTW zone to my bidding if necessary. I checked today and the Waldorf was $279 on their website. The Westin Time Square is $299 and the Sheraton Towers is $299.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Waldorf Towers is a 5* and the Waldorf Astoria is a 4*... the Towers is usually only available very close to check-in date. I'd guess you're chances of the Waldorf are less than 50% as we haven't seen it come up in awhile and more commonly users get the Millenium UN or (lately) the Inter-Continental which has been appearing a lot lately (these are just guesses to prepare you for not having your heart set on the Waldorf).

Rates appear to be somewhat high for your dates and with a quick look i think it currently would likely take a bid between $140-$180 to be successful. We'll be happy to provide a strategy to follow... is this within your maximum bid at this point? If not, what is the highest you'd like to bid?

Also, you may also want to give this a read: RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED as it discusses how you can use re-bid zones to immediately bid again without waiting the required 72 hours. You have 2 re-bid zones availble at the 4* level in NYC which you can confirm with the board if you're unsure of which they are (or ask questions in order to help figure them out).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]