Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (River North) Renaissance

zizou
By zizou,
in

Do you know if there is a special event in town during your stay? Rates are somewhat higher than we're used to seeing; as well, Sunday seems very expensive, Monday drops, then rates go back up for Tues and Wed :)

Do you have a maximum bid in mind? Do you have a back-up hotel reserved already (if so, where and how much)? If you're not successful at first, would you consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Could be tough but you can give it a try.

You have 4 RE-BID ZONES available at the 4* level. If you're unsure of how re-bidding works or which zones are your re-bid zones please ask before bidding.

Select 4* NMA

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and..

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and

Bid $110.

If the above fails, close that browser and re-access priceline from whatever means you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and..

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3 and

Bid $150.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the above.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well rates were high throughout your stay, but how did you go about bidding?

Did you bid the complete cycle up to $150 and then change your check-in date and bid $150? If so, it is likely that this is an over-bid. The correct method would have been to start over completely, following the strategy again with the new check-in date. This way if a lower bid was available you would have gotten it on an early try.

I'm sorry, i don't really understand the question. If you explain further what you mean i'll try to answer.

However, don't beat yourself up. The hotel's website shows a rate of $239-$259 (rate change during your stay) so even if you use the lower figure you're $267 ($89 x 3 nites) ahead of the game.

If you are in a similar situation in the future just stop your bidding and come back to the board and ask for help.

On a lighter note... where in Chicago will you spend tha extra $267? :)

Thanks for your help. I really don't think I left much on the table but I'll be more patient next time.

On the $267 I have not been back to Chicago since NU. Any ideas ?

Did you see my bidding on the additional night at the O'Hare Doubletree ?

Yup... maybe i should ask about what you will do with the extra $367 in your pocket since you saved another $100 by staying at the airprot. See... and you were beating yourself up... look at all the money you saved!!

I haven't been to Chicago in awhile. A game at Wrigley is always great if the cubs are in town, we ate at Due's one nite (love good chicago pizza) and Rick Bayless' place another nite, and some live Blues.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]