Hotwire Hotel: PLEASE HELP - LUX NEW YORK HOTEL

gregory
By gregory,
in

Hi, I am looking to stay in a luxurious New York Hotel.

But there are no 5* properties for Aug 13-14.

Should I try closer to the date?

I also found a 4.5* Midtown Central Restaurant/Gym/Internet/Business Center/Spa. According to the list on this forum, this should be Le Parker Meridian. However, Hotwire does NOT list it as a customer favorite. Does anyone have any clue if this is indeed Le Parker Meridian or maybe it's something else like the Essex House?

Can someone advise the best hotel available at HotWire for New York Aug 13-14?

Appreciatively,

gregory

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Customer Favorite designation changes often, so there is a chance that it is no longer associated with the Inter-Continental. As far as this property being the Essex House, it's possible, but not indicative based upon the last report of the Essex House (but amenity icons, as are ratings and Customer Favorite deisgnations, can and do change). With generic amenity icons like those that are listed for the above hotels, it's much harder to tell for certain what the hotel is... on the otherhand, pool icons in a city like New York or a Suite icon are much better tell-tale signs of a hotels identity. However, even then you can't be absolutly 100% sure.

Priceline and Hotwire is designed for those that can accept a little fleixibility. There will always be some risk before the actual hotel is revealed, but for most of us the savings involved are well worth the risk we are willing to accept.

I haven't matched up hotel identies for all those for your dates, but personally i wouldn't be considering a 4.5* hotel at $200+/nite when there are 4* hotels offered at $140 or so (this is an 'off the cuff' statement, of course i'd consider it if the 4* hotel i thought was being offered was known to be a bad one). No matter what hotel you end up at i think you will be surprised at just how small it is and not really feel as if you got a great value... it will likely be a great value for a hotel in NYC, but when removing the location aspect it will also likely be one of the more expensive hotel rooms relative to its size.

The above are my thoughts, and they're not necessarily right or wrong, as somebody else (including you) can have an entirely different perspective. I guess the point i'm trying to make (i'm getting there :) ) is that i recommend going for the best value... i think going for a 'luxurious' property may leave something to be desired... you'll walk in and see a great lobby and think you've hit the big time, then you'll see you're room and think 'what's so special?'

I didn't want to delve to deep into your search results without knowing if the 'luxurious' factor was mandatory or something you just thought would be a good idea since you can save money with Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If i recall from earlier, the 4.5* hotel came up on my search at $204/nite. So if this is the hotel you want why even take a chance.... Expedia is showing the nite of August 13th at the Parker Meridien for $204... same price (actually lower after fees are taken into consideration) and you're sure to get what you want.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh that's great, I guess I'll either choose between Le Parker Meridian and The Barclay ($160 + fees through Hotwire). The room is really for my parents, rather than me. I wanted to put them in a reasonably nice place, within the budget of a recent graduate (me!)

Thanks again for all the help.

We just stayed at the Barclay this past week and enjoyed it.

It is very nice- small bathrooms, but definently 4****

Just one thing to point out. Many of the hotels will let you upgrade your room if you want something bigger or nicer for a little more. We just did this at the Waldorf and got a suite for $50 more. It was great!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]