MA Boston Renaissance Waterfront

KL803
By KL803,
in

Once again thanks to Betterbidding and Priceline got a wonderful hotel. The Renaissance Waterfront in Boston is a very new hotel with a cool design. The lobby is absolutely pretty and even busy with many people check-in went smooth. We were given a Double on the 14th floor at the end of the hallway. The room was beautiful with nice comfy beds and lots of pillows. There's a huge flat-screen HD TV and even an iPod docking station. The bathroom is big with lots of towels and amenities.

To go to the city is very easy, there's a Silver Line T-Station just across the street and the parking lot (use the side-exit, not the one with the revolving door to reach it); and with one interchange at South Station you're right in the heart of Boston in about 15 minutes.

Parking at the hotel is extraordinary expensive! The parking garage has no direct access to the hotel, either. So you might consider to park on the street (free from Saturday 8 p.m. to Monday 8 a.m. on the other hours it's a 1 or 2 hour limit!) or on one of the bigger parking lots a bit further away. Do not try to park on the small street between the buildings, these lots are designated for taxis only.

We didn't try the dining options at the hotel, so no comment on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Just stayed at the Renaissance Waterfront as well (10/18/08) and had a great experience. First, I have no idea why Priceline calls this a 3* since it is at minimum a 3.5*. Some other sites have it as a 4*, and I'd agree with them. Beautiful place, excellent service, room and facilities.

Previous poster is very accurate in describing the parking, and I'll add that there is an MBTA lot right across the street that costs $5.00 for the entire day, except you have to get out by 3am. I guess you could leave the car there in the morning and move it after 8pm if you want to save the $$.

Waterfront area is still kind of remote from the heart of Boston, but the Silver line is right there and it takes about 15 minutes to walk into the main downtown area. There are some restaurants and bars scattered around though. I'm sure the concierge can help direct you. I live in the area and can recommend Lucky's Lounge as a great place for food and nightlife. Anthony's Pier 4 is a classic old-school restaurant and there is also the No-Name and a few others in the same locale.

P.S. Despite the hotel's claim of waterfront views, the check-in assistant told us that only 20 or so rooms out of 471 actually have the premo views. Our room looked out on a lower roof and other buildings, but the room was so nice, we didn't care.

• 7 months later...

Great hotel, great location, even convenient to Logan with bus around the corner that drops you at airport.(Silver Line). Lots more to do here than at an airport hotel.

Wonderful beds. Had a nice view of city.Free interent in lobby and business center. Starbucks on site. The staff were very helpful

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Yankee Lobster down the street is an old fish place but serves great food or take out.

Pressed Sandwich around the corner from the hotel has a 4.95 breakfast plate that is decent.

Couldn't have been a nicer stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]