Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Inland Empire (Ontario) Holiday Inn Airport

wsj3200
By wsj3200,
in

This is a brand new hotel for this area. The website rate is $99.

Normally, I use 2.5* Ontario as a free bid as I usually get upgraded to a 3*, but the 2.5 * hotels in the area have been quite acceptable. As this is a new listing I was caught by surprise on this one and I have no idea if this is the bottom for this hotel. Because there are no free bids at this level, you will only will be able to test the bottom if you have several days to do your bidding as you will be limited to one bid per day. I would suggest that the next person bidding this area start at $41 and increase $1 per day in an attempt to find the bottom price. I say that because right after getting this win, I called a friend who will also need a room on the same day and had him bid $40. It was declined. Remember to please post your win and bid history. Despite the fact that this is only a 2.5* hotel, I think it preferable to the Marriot across the street which goes for about the same price but charges $12 per night for parking, although the Marriot does have the most comfortable beds in the area. Be sure to access PRICELINE using link on this site.

Bid history

Ontario 3*.........................................................$40 declined

Added Corona, Riverside West............................$42 declined

Reset, Ontario 2.5*............................................$44 accepted :)

Taxes and service fees......................................$12.48

Total................................................................$56.48

I will review the hotel after my stay.

Congratulations on your win!

While maybe not the lowest price for this property (but at least within $4 of the low for this date) this looks like a nice deal... hopefully it works well for your needs.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

According to the front desk staff, this hotel opened in March, 2008. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. From 5 - 7 pm there is a "happy hour" in the nicely appointed restaurant/lounge featuring $2 well drinks, wine and beer. Finger foods are available for purchase from a menu of about 12 items for $3 each. This ended up being our dinner. The pool / hot tub area is first class with plenty of room to stretch out. Televisions are all high def flat screens including 10 or so in the booths in the dining room just in case your dining alone of with someone with which you have little to say. Beds are very comfortable and the rooms are large. Bathrooms feature granite surfaces and the Moen shower heads still work perfectly. There is a non-stocked refrigerator, micro wave, coffee maker, and safe in each room. The heating/cooling unit mounted under the window was quiet. There is a Marie Callendar Restaurant a stones throw away. Parking is free. This is now our new favorite hotel in the area even though is only a 2.5 star.

Even though we loved this hotel, it did a couple of problems. Sound proofing wasn't up to par. There was a noisy guest somewhere adjacent to our room. I was too tired to investigate, but if your a light sleeper and there's a party nearby, or a loud TV, you're likely to hear it. The interior of the hotel including the rooms are decorated in very dark colors. Not all will like look. Lastly, be careful when leaving the bathroom. I inadvertently pushed the lock button with the door open. When it closed, the lock didn't release and we were locked out of the bathroom for 20 miniutes or so until house keeping came and opened it. It may have been possible to open it without assistance, but it was 5 in the morning and I was still sleeping. I didn't want to be bothered figuring it out.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel.

Update for Ontario hotels: Priceline has added a 3.5 star option. Unless you want the Marriot which is just across the street for this hotel, and is very nice BTW, but they do charge an $11 parking fee. It is currently the only Priceline hotel in this area that charges for parking at this time. Winning bids for the Marriot are in the same ballpark as the Hilton, the Doubletree and the Holiday Inn, but by selecting the 3.5 star option, you eliminate the other preferable hotels from consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I stayed at the holiday inn was very nice but i got it through hotwire for 56. so I tried to get it again but using priceline, i need to book a room from 10/27 to 11/2, so i used 40 declined, change to 10/27 to 11/1 41, declined, 10/27 to 10/31, 42 declined, 10/27 to 10/30, 43 declined, 10/27 to 10/29, 44 declined, and since i really need the room i move the bid to 46 from 10/27 to 10/28 and ended up gotten the marriot as it says they have upgraded my room to a 3.5 *. This suck as I hate the Marriott, the hotel is quite old, have to pay for the parking and the internet that's almost 25 dollar a day total.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]