Hotwire Hotel: 3* Houston (Southwest - Sugarland) Embassy Suites

skippy
By skippy,
in

Amenities: Suite property, Exercise facilities, Complimentary breakfast, Kitchenette

Booked at 4:30 am Thurs., 15 July

Note this property does have a pool (indoor), and that it was Not listed with amenities.

Listed as $44 per night. A great deal for a suite property, I decided after 2 days of obsessively rereading all Texas finds on Hotwire and PL, trying to "figure out" what it was through HW and PL's packages (that disclose hotels and star ratings in areas) to be sure I was OK with their ideas of a 3 star suite; also spent a lot of time comparison shopping the local suites going rates, Expedia, and PL's partner page's rates. I saved at least $45 off the published rate!

This particular property was the one I wanted to outright purchase, as I'd stayed many times before and know the quality of the property and the area. But prices ranged from 89-100+...I didn't really need a suite and that level of comfort. I suspected that the $44 suite property in Southwest Htown *might* have been Embassy...I also suspected the 3.5 *, suite for $56 in Galleria area to be the other Htown E.S. (I first saw these 2 listed Tues. night). Had it still been available Wed. afternoon, I may have checked on buying that.

Feeling cheap, I first bid $20 for 3* on PL. I used the rebid zone strategy to max out at $30 (First bid in Southwest Htown, then Clearlake, then Conroe). The idea was, if I could save at least $30 from the HW 3* suite price, I'd sacrifice the suite guarantee. PL hotels scoffed, and I took HW up on their offer.

Glad I did (More money to spend on the good seats to watch the Astros attempt not to embarrass themselves during my celebration of my brother's b-day!), and very glad for the board. :)You guys helped me score a wonderful Embassy Suites in Boston last Fall. I will post on the appropriate board.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This sounds like a great deal! Add in the free breakfast and the evening manager's reception and it only ges better!

This is the second Embassy Suite we've seen come up at the 3* level, and i also believe the Ft. Lauderdale ES is now a 3* (but unconfirmed with a reported result)... perhpas Hotwire is lowering the rating of many of the Embassy Suites throughout the Hotwire system?

Thanks for sharing your results.

Enjoy your stay as well as the baseball game.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]