Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) Hilton Airport

GM Mike
By GM Mike,
in

Dad-in-law etc. have decided to visit while we are in Chicago. Need two rooms for only Saturday (10/4/08) near O'Hare.

Failed tonight up to $64 4* and $53 3.5*. Looks like there might be a Saturday arrival restriction for this weekend; maybe two night minimum?

There are appealing offers on hotwire a little higher than this so I think I'll try bidding again tomorrow night and if that doesn't work out, just take something from hotwire.

(We have a backup reservation at the Comfort Inn...)

Have been using the board's priceline and HOTWIRE links.

OK, I changed my mind. :)

Researched a little more deeply and one of the hotels on hotwire was almost certainly the Hilton at the airport, where we are already staying - and which dad-in-law apparently prefers. Plus this allowed me to reserve for 4 people total. So I went for it.

4* Hilton Chicago O'Hare

O'Hare Intl Airport ORD North Zone

2 rooms, 1 night, for 2 adults / 2 children; $79 per room (total $188.95)

Check in Saturday 10/4/08, out 10/5/08

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet

Tripadvisor: 3.5 bubbles with 120+ reviews <-- this helped me determine it wasn't the Westin. EXCELLENT piece of info. Thanks to whomever mentioned it here.

I had a coupon that required a special link - so I used the link here then manually changed the url so the coupon would work. Does the board still get a cut of that?

thereuare, please update the topic title and move to hotwire forum.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing it with the board!

Nice job checking both services and using the one which worked best for this stay. Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and this will work well for your plans since you won't need to change properties.

With HOTWIRE if you click our link just before using their 'special' link would should receive credit, thanks for thinking of us :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]