Hotwire Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Center Strip) Paris

christineah
By christineah,
in

My friends and I are going to Las Vegas from Nov 8 to Nov 12 and we are considering using PRICELINE to get our hotel. We would like a 5 star on the strip but we don't really want to stay at the Trump and it seems like the trend is going that way. We tried Hotwire and by process of elimination we got a 5 star that was definately the Trump, and a four star that was probably Planet Hollywood.

I looked at this post and we would love to stay in the Venetian or Caesar's or Bellagio or Wynn...anyways, what I'm confused about is the technique to add other areas and slowly increase the price...can someone please explain this to me? (I've seen other posts where people have done this)

I would love some tips on bidding for a hotel...I know we're not guaranteed a hotel and I also know that getting the trump is a distinct possibility but are there techniques you can use to decrease this possibility?

Thanks!

from my experience, i don't think you can avoid trump through PRICELINE. the only way to avoid trump is through hotwire, which is usually cost more. however, one thing i noticed and you can try to work that toward your advantage is that you will win trump in the weekend and venetian in the week day. which means trump is cheaper in the weekend and venetian is cheaper in the week day, probably because the popularity.

another thing i suggested is that you can also want to stay in THE hotel, i think is one of the best on the strip even though is a little farther from the center of strip

There is no way to avoid, or target, a specific hotel when bidding on PRICELINE.

If you're not open to staying at the Trump then you shouldn't use PRICELINE.

If you decide you'd still like to bid on a hotel let us know what star level you choose and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think we would prefer a 5*....but we might settle on a 4*...

This isn't really clear... do you want to start bidding on a 5* hotel? Have you discussed with the others and is the Trump acceptable? How many rooms are you seeking? Which zones are you bidding?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok...I would like to start bidding on a 5* for 1 room. As long as we are on the strip, we don't care if it's north or south and like I said before, we would prefer not to be in the Trump. Is the Bellagio one of the hotels Priceline deals with?

Also, my question before...why do people start adding other areas while increasing the price by small amounts?

Thanks...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results... we're happy to have helped.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]