Multiple rooms... Not sure on names

davide29
By davide29,
in

Hi:

I have used Pl many times with great results for 1 room at many places.

Some friends have asked me to help them priceline 3 rooms for 4 nites. Their problem is that they know 6 people are traveling... but they are not sure which 6... only 1 person is known for sure. 2 per room with 1 or 2 beds is fine.. we just can't name the travelers at this time... and whatever 6 do go will be the same 6 for the entire stay... we are not trying to beat priceline or the hotel in any way...we just dont know who will make the trip...and wont know until the arrival date. I do not want to help my friends into a problem. May I bid for 3 rooms with the same persons name? If the hotel wants to add or change the actual sleepers names when they get there that would be fine...

Any one done this before? any advice?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

You can put one person's name on all 3 rooms, but that user must be there at the time of check-in. If they're all traveling together it shouldn't be a problem, but if they're traveling separately, the person who's name is on the reservation needs to be present when each 'room' shows up to check-in. The other problem, and it would be a BIG one, is if the person who's name is on the reservation gets sick or otherwise can't make the trip... then nobody can check-in.

Other than the above... should go smoothly.

If you need any help with a bidding strategy feel free to post in the appropriate state category.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you bid all three rooms together using Pl ,you only have the option for one name.As long as the guy whos name is on the reservation checks in first ,you won"t have any problems because he can add the others names on to the rooms and they can get a key w/o him from then on.

At check out,the others can pay with their credit cards instead of the one on file(yours)

I have to disagree with a few points....

When bidding multiple rooms Priceline gives you a place to enter names for each room.

As far as adding other people's names to the reservation, this usually works, but there are hotels that have denied adding names to the reservation. Their response is, "This is a Priceline reservation and i can't touch it or do anything with it."

To be safe, i would put all the rooms in the name of the person you are sure is going (just make sure s/he doesn't have any reason/excuse to not make the trip).

The room is pre-paid, so there shouldn't be any balance for the others to pay with their own credit cards. Whoever pays for all 3 rooms will have to get reimbursed directly from the others.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I guess what I was trying to say didn"t come across right,after you check-in the hotel will add another name to the room.Most of the time they will not add another name before check-in.

I have never had a problem adding my wifes name to my PL room in case I am not there and she gets locked out.

They are going to need a CC at check-in for incidentals witch can be changed at check out.

Sorry if there was confusion

bbbb

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]