MA Boston Hyatt Regency Financial

tinnub
By tinnub,
in

Had a 2 night stay at the hotel. No mention of Priceline at checkin. Thanks to Daimond status, was given larger corner room. Room was very large with sofa, desk and chair. Bed had feather top matress and feather pillows. Excellent views on higher floors. TV was very small though.

Nice public areas with big health club and indoor pool. Location was superb, around corner from T station, with Macy's and Filene's around corner. Some restaurants nearby and staff was excellent. Only poroblem was design of hotel. Lobby is on 3rd floor and you must change elevators to leave building. Other than that, excellent hotel, with great staff.

• 5 months later...

We stayed here from 22 - 25 October 2004 for $100 a night via Hotwire and found it very good and excellent value. Our room was large and very comfortable. The desk staff, concierge and chambermaid were all friendly and helpful.

A highlight for us was the wonderful breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant (very ambient, lots of light wood, colourful modern art and soft jazz). For $15 ($7 per child) you can fuel up on cereals (including a deliciously creamy, fruity Bircher porridge), fresh fruit salad, bagels, smoked salmon, cold meats, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages, french toast, pancakes - I could go on and on - we made it our main meal of the day!

The location in a kind of no man's land between Downtown Crossing and Chinatown is extremely central and convenient for shops, attractions and transport. However, the actual block the entrance to the hotel is on is pretty quiet, just banks and parking lots, and not many people or cars around, so we did feel a bit vulnerable walking around there early in the morning or after dark.

Having said that, we'd very happily stay there again, especially now we're more oriented to the city.

• 2 months later...

the room was decent. much smaller than what I expected from a "4*", though it is in downtown. the bathroom was much smaller than the one in Hotel@MIT. Also, the desk chair in the room was not a real chair, it was one of those chairs that you might get when you're in a large conference hall, the stackable kind, and looked like it had been pulled from a conference hall.

the pool/fitness room is a really inconvenient place - 6th fl., and you have to walk down 2 long hallways and 2 sets of long stairs to get to it. Didn't see a sauna or hot tub either.

If you park, don't park in the garage that's attached. Go around the corner to the Lafayette Garage, its only $10/night instead of the rediculous $26/nite. Or, find a meter to park at overnite if you're going to leave before 8am, and park after 8pm - totally free!

have stayed in this hotel a couple of times - when it was the swissotel

it is a good location for shopping - filenes and macy's are just around the corner

i agree with what was said about the breakfasts - very good value

my last stay was february 2003 - i arrived at 1.00pm and was offered an upgrade for a suite ($50) - declined as i was only there for one night and was travelling alone

i would have been happy to stay here for my next boston visit - april - but couldn't get it at the right price so after using this site decided to take advantage of the low rates being accepted at the hyatt harbourside

i think that i saw this hotel with hotwire (customer favourite?) on friday 18th march at $92 for the 2nd april until the 9th (my dates) - kicked myself for not waiting to book my stay - however, by last night (sunday) it had gone and nothing was coming close to this price - i wonder if it was a mistake?

i would recommend this hotel to bargain hunting shoppers (filene's basement) otherwise copley place is a better bet

• 3 months later...

Stayed here for one night 6/30/05 on a last minute Priceline bid. Checked in at 8pm after a long 3 leg journey from Venice. Staff very friendly and no mention of Priceline, only that my reservation was prepaid. As my luggage never made it to Boston with me the girl at the front desk very kindly put together an amenities kit for me. This was greatly appreciated as the last thing I wanted to do was go out and try to put one together on my own.

The room was smallish but very clean and comfortable. The bed was great. There was even a Sony CD player next to the bed. All in all quite nice.

The staff to a person were very friendly and professional. I very much appreciated that the doorman and valets all asked if they could assist with directions when I left the hotel. I will definitely stay again.

• 6 months later...

Stayed NYE Dec 31st 2005 till Jan 2nd 2006

I must say this hotel has the BEST staff I have ever encountered while traveling. Friendly and extremely accomodating.

My son got sick (from chocking on a piece of popcorn) in the car literally 2 minutes away from the Hyatt and we arrived frantic for help. The bellman hurried and helped my husband while the girl who checked me in upgraded our room so we could get my son in the room and cleaned up. So we got a corner large king room. It was beautiful! Our son who is 5 was completely upset and embarrassed so the immediately available room was a Godsend!

The location is great right near Chinatown, the Theater distict (literally next to Macys, Filene's (basement too) right off Washinton ave and 10 minute walk Faneuil Hall Marketplace Quincy market.

The room was spacious and clean. It was furnished nicely with a 30+ inch flat screen tv. The health club was nice the pool while dated looking was clean and upkept nicely, the only negative was the pool isn't heated. The 5 year old didn't care but it was hard to stay in for more than 30 minutes for we the adults.

Back to the staff.....Aside from all of their help with our disaster with our son we were greated with a smile and a good morning, good afternoon, do we need a cab? etc. they held doors whenever we were around and were always accomodating. The concierge was great also. Very helpful giving directions recommending restaurants and asking if he could call to make dinner arrangements for us. We even had amazing room service (yummy desserts) most room service menus were available till 10:30pm-11:30pm with a special 24 hour menu and a breakfast menu. There is even poolside selections!

Unfortunately we never ate in the restaurant aside from room service. From reading the reviews it looks like we missed a great breakfast.

We will return to Boston and this lovely hotel. The staff makes it worh returning!

BTW Boston is a "walking city" nothing like NYC. It is very easy to get around by foot things are very close by to theis hotel. We even walked to the Museum of Science. Not recommended though because of construction we cabbed it back BUT my point is that Boston is definitely doable on foot if you like to walk. Most things within 15 walking minutes of the hotel :)

We stayed here on December 26th, 2005. What a terrific hotel ... a spotless room, great bed linens, towels & robes, and a very nice pool area. We got exactly the type of room we asked for (2 beds, nonsmoking) and were allowed to check in 3 or 4 hours early. And we got a high floor room with a view of the city and the water. The staff were very nice -- we never felt like 2nd class citizens because we booked via priceline.

The location is terrific -- right off the Boston Common and a block away from the T subway. I spent 10 years in Boston between 1980 and 1990. The area is not nearly as seedy as it was back then.

All in all, it was a perfect 4* experience!

Kstrom

• 2 years later...

We stayed here from 7/18/08-7/20/08 and payed 75$ per night.

The room was spacious and had all the amenities. Bathroom was an okay size, but clean and new. The hotel location is excellent, within a couple of blocks of shopping, the Common, and the T. It's a nice hotel and clearly upscale, but is looking a bit faded/dated.

Staff was extremely accomodating on check in. We were travelling with a 13 month old. I requested a king size bed, and a crib for our baby. They also suggested a mini fridge for our baby, rather than using the minibar. The fridge was providied no charge.

The bed itself sadly was one of the most uncomfortable hotel beds I'd ever experienced. Something was wonky and it felt like the head was lower than the foot of the bed, making for a dizzy night's sleep. Linens and pillows were lumpy and definitely un-luxurious.

Two other issues we experienced were: the carpet was quite dirty and housekeeping didn't come to our room. After about 10mins crawling on the carpet, the knees of my daughter's pyjamas were black... really quite gross.

On check out, the clerk picked up on my tone when I said our stay was "fine" and probed for details. I mentioned the carpet and housekeeping issues (very politely) and she immediately removed the charge for our night of valet parking (~45$) and gave us two vouchers to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. This was such excellent service, I was floored.

All in all, we were really pleased with our stay. The service at the hotel made quite an impression, and at the price we paid, it was really hard to beat.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick followup on my stay: it was great!

I was greeted warmly at the front desk and asked if I had a preference for the bed type. I requested a King and then they asked if I wanted a higher or lower floor. I requested higher and ended up on the 17th floor with a fabulous view of Boston Common and the Gold Dome of the Statehouse. The room was comfortable and spacious.

All in all, it was definitely worth the $80 plus tax that I paid. Other people should note that parking is $43/overnight at this location - a less expensive option would be to utilize the Boston Common garage for $10 overnight and then walk over.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]