JFK - ZRH 10/16-11/03

Wootloops
By Wootloops,
in

Hi all,

Been lurking for months - have noticed you've all been very helpful with others in the past, especially concerning International hotels and the like. Most, if any questions I ever had, were always answered in the past so I haven't had any need to post. However, thats all changed now. With any luck, I'm hoping you folks can steer me in the right direction with the proper advice.

I'm heading up to Zurich for about two weeks in Mid-October (10/16 Thursday), and I'm looking for a fair price. It seems the cheapest I can get a non-stop flight to Zurich is $910, and if I want a layover - about $812 or so. I've searched so far with Kayak, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline.

My question is, what do you all think of my chances in getting a decent flight out of Priceline's auction system? My first worry is getting a flight that won't arrive until the end of 10/17 (Friday), or arriving at a very late hour in which it'll be difficult getting to my girlfriends apartment, I imagine. My second worry is a long lay over - I've seen certain flights listed on both Travelocity and Priceline with some 9 hour long layovers in either Schipol / Charles Degaul / Heathrow airports. I understand these are unforeseeable when using a system such as this, and thus not much can be said about it.

But, I suppose that's where I come to you guys for advice. Hopefully some of you have traveled enough, or have enough experience with this, to fill me in on perhaps the best route to take considering this flight.

Should I stick with the sure thing flight priced at $910 and avoid any complications - or go for the gamble (thinking of putting in a $100 bid at first, which leaves me at $326.45). If it can save me anywhere from $4-600, I can deal with some discomfort, but again I'm rather inexperienced with this sort of thing. Help?

Thanks in advance,

Woot

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]