Which chain rewards Priceline Booking

Koe
By Koe,
in

Hi,

any idea which chain rewards priceline booking?

I stayed at the Marriott Niagara Falls and they did not reward the stay.

The Hilton Toronto downtown send me anemail stating that normally the do not reward the stay however this time would be an exception and it will be awarded...

4Point Toronto airport also only awarded some points for the breakfast, but no nights...

More idea?

Thanks

I have yet to have a hotel offer reward points for any of my stays, which include:

Sheraton Toronto (Downtown)

Inter-Continental Montreal (Downtown)

Marriott Residence Inn Kalamazoo

Hyatt Regency Chicago (Loop)

From what I gather it is a rare occurrence that they will actually award the points for a PRICELINE stay. It's seems to be one or the other, which is quite understandable, and if you were to work it out, an average PRICELINE win at 30-60% savings far outweighs any extra night you would get at a hotel chain, or the measely 500 or so points towards your airline partner (in my case, Aeroplan).

Intercontinental hotels give rewards, at least at the Holiday Inn I've stayed in more than once! They even asked me at check in if I am a Priority Club member, and when I said yes, they automatically gave me their welcome package and free starbucks coupon. Also , the next time I booked with PRICELINE, I called a day before arrival to give them my membership number, and was greeted with the welcome package once again.

• 1 month later...

Hilton Honors wont actually credit or reward the hotel room, but any extras, like phone calls, movies and any other charges to the room, like bar & restaurant charges are added & count towards points. I have also gotten an upgraded room because of being an Honors member. This may be a YMMV but this has been my experience on 2 occasions.

Anyone know about Best Western Gold Crown points? Whether or not they are credited?

My experience is that it certainly doesnt hurt to present the reward card at checkin as that may be the difference in a "Priceline room" and a better room based on a reasonable request. In the past Marriott Rewards points were credited -- this was very sweet -- but this practice stopped by early 2007 from what I can tell. Just stayed at Toronto Sheraton Centre and no doubt my Starwood card got me a nicer room on higher floor with the bedding/nonsmoking preference on a sold-out weekend. And like the others have stated, you do get points for incidentals and the stay besides is tracked that you were a guest (which can create future offers/rewards).

• 2 months later...

Omni hotels give credit for PL stays, well worth signing up as well as you get free beverages in the morning. I'm not aware of any other major chain that will give stay credit for PL rates... But if you get yourself a credit card linked with a hotel program and use it to bid on Priceline, you still earn points for the $$ spent on the room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]