Hotwire Hotel: San Francisco Airport South 3* hotel?

jones721
By jones721,
in

Anyone know the name of the hotel that is showing up for the 28th August in Burlingame for $52 with the following icons? It has ranged between $52 and $62.

Shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness, breakfast, business, internet.

It has been suggested that it might be the Holiday Inn Express, which certainly does seem to match up - but it doesn't have a restaurant. It has a room off the lobby where a complimentary breakfast is served. Could this count as a restaurant? And is this Holiday Inn near anything (ie I was told the Hyatt was near places such as Sizzler, etc)?

Thank you

Tracey

Who/where was it suggested that this may be the Holiday Inn Express?

Me, me, me, me...;-)!

I'm pretty sure it is the HI Express. From the ICHotels-Website:

"Hotel Features:

146 Guest Rooms

7 Suites

Airport

January 2001 Last Renovation Date

ca0289 FEMA Property Number

3 Floors

Cocktail Lounge

1 Restaurant

Airline Desk: See Front Desk For Information

Rental Car Desk: Hertz Car Rental "

Details at: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/h.../hd/urlbh?irs=y

That said, I am pretty sure that a Priceline-bid of 49$ for a 2.5* (for 28th of August) in the South San Francisco zone (other side of the airport, closer to the city itself) will yield something you will find very appropiate...

Good luck!

Greetings - Dirk

Dirk,

Good call! I thought about beginning my journey above by going to the hotel's website, but instead i went to Expedia, which states that there are not hotels on the premises.

That's probably where the confusion lies and based upon your knowledge, i'd venture a guess that you are correct (as yo usually are :) ).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dirk,

Did write a reply a few days ago but I obviously didn't send it correctly so will try again. No, haven't booked anything yet - only two more nights to book, that one plus the night on the coast on the way up from LA to San Francisco, on a Saturday night. Finding that very difficult - might just pull over at a motel - or is that a bad idea in mid August on a Saturday? Will have to stay off the tourist route.

I did try Priceline for SFO but nothing - obviously bidding too low. Will give it another try. Otherwise will go for the Hotwire one.

Have managed to book up almost four weeks (including the cruise) mostly through the help of this board and at a fraction of the price I would have paid had I booked in this country, so thank you to everyone who gave advice and help.

Tracey

England

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]