Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hyatt Harborside

micheles
By micheles,
in

i have been unsuccessfully trying for a 4* hotel at the airport for a stay between 27th november and 1st july

i have bid using free bids up to $91

i have found a hotel i believe to be the hyatt (theatre district) for around $109 but at the moment my husband is keen to stay out at the airport ....ease of access when we go out shopping to the outlets and the T into town

i started my bids at $67 and have gone up to $91

do you think i will need to increase my bid by much more?

I travel to Boston frequently, often staying at the airport Hyatt or Hilton.

Based only on my experiences, I think you are simply bidding too early, NOT to low. I have found that the Logan Hilton and Hyatt tend to release rooms to PRICELINE within a couple of weeks of the check-in date.

Direct, cancellable rates are $199 at the Hilton and $149 at the Hyatt. Given these rates, it does not appear that you are travelling during a high occupancy period. When rates are at that level, I've been successful in the $60-75 range.

If it were me and the airport zone was a priority, I'd book the Hyatt and keep bidding (knowing that success was likely to occur closer to check-in.) But of course rates can change in the interim and there is no guarantee.

I am sure thereuare will have more advice.

Good luck!

thanks liset

i think we usually pay around 60+ when we have stayed at the hyatt or hilton in the past

we stayed there at the same time last year and in february and know the rates were quite a lot lower than they appear to be at the moment

i think you may be right about booking too early ....i think i booked much closer to the trip on the last two occasions

i'll keep trying

michele :)

I would book a cancellable back-up and continue to bid.

While the dot com rate on the Hyatt website is consistant each nite at $149, the "prevailing" rate shows a few rate changes during the course of this stay, so it's possible that the more expensive Sunday nite, and to a lesser degree the Saturday nite too, may be causing your difficulty in getting an accepted bid.

I would book a cancellable back-up and continue to bid, but do keep in mind the price differences note above. If SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID would work into your needs somehow (stay in the city except for the last nite or two when you go to the outlets??) then i would consider trying that as well, but if split isn't an option at the moment i would book a cancellabel backup and continue to bid.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated or let us know if the above sparks any additional questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

my husband doesn't want to change hotels so i will look for four nights at the airport

we usually end up at the hyatt or hilton and pay between $65 and $75 so perhaps i do need to wait a while

i have tried a couple of times since my first post and have gone up to $93 but not any luck

i noticed today a 3.5* option so also tried this .....and bid up to $85 ..again no luck

i will keep trying and will use the PRICELINE link on this site to try for bids

when i get the hotel sorted i will try for my car

thanks for your help

• 4 weeks later...

checked with HOTWIRE and saw that they had a 4* at the airport for $99 so bid $76 on priceline and was accepted on first bid

so the cost is

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $76.00

Subtotal: $304.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $50.14

Total Charges*: $354.14

Harborside Hyatt Conference Center And Hotel

website has the room at $656 in total .....

so quite a saving

thanks to everyone for their help with my bid

used better bidding PRICELINE link to make my booking

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]