Priceline Hotel: Help on bidding Jersey city 10/10/08 to 10/11/08

quiteyoung
By quiteyoung,
in

Had my previous priceline win post about 10/07/08 to 10/09/08 stay.

buy through HOTWIRE directly for the 10/09/08 to 10/10/08 night for 106$.

all in Hyatt.

please help for the last night, 10/10/08 to 10/11/08.

So far, 145$ and no go. Don't want to bid any higher.

Learning the lesson from my 10/08/08 to 10/09/08 bid, should I start from a low price like 80$~100$?

please help!

of course, I will use the PRICELINE link provided here.

If you've already bid up to your maximum then there's not much you can really do other than wait it out and try again in a few days.

At $145 (or higher) do you have any interest in trying to stay directly in Manhattan for this nite?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't see any viable alternatives currently within your budget so all you can do is continue your current bidding and hope that rates drop between now and your stay, although i'll add that if you intend to commute back to Manhattan from the JFK area it's not really a viable option as it's quite time consuming going from hotel to airport to airtrain to subway to Manhattan... it's do-able to get from the airport to Manhattan, but it's not something you'd want to be roundtripping daily.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not sure if this will work, but i would first book a refundable rate at the Hyatt thru their website at $259/nite... then make a Best Rate Guarantee vs. the rate thru GTA Hotels ($242/nite). If successful Hyatt will match the rate less 20%, bringing your cost down to $194/nite (if rejected you can then cancel the Hyatt reservation)

Hyatt may rejected the claim since GTA Hotels is for a 'twin' room, but this term isn't really used much here in the US and the Hyatt pretty much has two room types: King or 2 Doubles... so not really sure what they classify as 'twin'.

Do you want to try this route first? (and it will also then give you the "price to beat" in your bidding)

Any questions?

The price match was a little bit tricky...

They first smoothly match the price and after 2 hours, they called me back! Saying they can't match it because the GTA hotel website basically provide a voucher instead of book it directly through the hotel.

But, the agent kindly call back the manager of the hotel and ask if he would honor this price for this time and he said YES!

I guess I am just lucky :)

We will have two people each traveling with a mid-size luggage.

Glad to hear the price match worked out well!

We will have two people each traveling with a mid-size luggage.
The question is really one of how easy is it for you to lug your luggage? Does it have wheels and would you be comfortable wheeling it for a distance thru subway station(s)?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]